Status
Not open for further replies.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Hey vets :)
I'm playing with the idea of gettingy first mechanical mod. A bit of background - I've rebuilt for awhile now, on everything from Tobh, Vulcan, Lemo 2, Kayfun 4, Subtank Mini, all that jazz. I think I've pretty well got it down - I do still have the occasional "why is this *** thing not metering where I expect it to" moment, but that usually happens due to a sleepdeprived stupid moment (I do my rebuilding & my juice mixing both in the middle of the night, when the kids are asleep, lol) and after all, those moments are what an ohms meter is for, right?! :)

All I've used thus far have been regulated mods. I love em! My Tesla goes up to 120 watts and I have actually used it that high (on an 0.62 coil, believe it or not.. Clapton...'nuff said LOL) but my daily out-&-about is actually the iStick 50. Thing is, both of em get dropped often. I'm a klutz. They've both thus far been holding up like tanks, but I can't help but think it'd be nice to have an "old' Trusty" laying around for peace of mind!

I've done a lot of research.. Vape safe fuses, etc... I'm using Samsung 25r's in my Tesla, would prob go with either another set of those (one to use, one to charge) or else get a couple VTC5s... A kick doesn't seem worth it to me, honestly... I DIY juice so I kinda enjoy seeing how flavors change at different power, I never leave my settings the same more than a couple hours anyway...
My main question is, what would be the best one to start? Or the ones to definitely stay away from? From what I've read, I definitely am scared of hybrids, but if that's dumb please tell me...

I do want a clone, probably, re price point... Batts etc I'll drop some dough, not so much for the mod itself until I've played with mechs awhile & get the inevitable shinyitis again... I am hoping for not over 30 on the mod itself, if that's even possible...

Sorry for writing so much!! But thanks in advance for y'all giving your time :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hey vets :)
I'm playing with the idea of gettingy first mechanical mod. A bit of background - I've rebuilt for awhile now, on everything from Tobh,

I've done a lot of research.. Vape safe fuses, etc... I'm using Samsung 25r's in my Tesla, would prob go with either another set of those (one to use, one to charge) or else get a couple VTC5s... A kick doesn't seem worth it to me, honestly... I DIY juice so I kinda enjoy seeing how flavors change at different power, I never leave my settings the same more than a couple hours anyway...
My main question is, what would be the best one to start? Or the ones to definitely stay away from? From what I've read, I definitely am scared of hybrids, but if that's dumb please tell me...

I do want a clone, probably, re price point... Batts etc I'll drop some dough, not so much for the mod itself until I've played with mechs awhile & get the inevitable shinyitis again... I am hoping for not over 30 on the mod itself, if that's even possible...

Sorry for writing so much!! But thanks in advance for y'all giving your time :)

The bolded line makes me wonder why go mech, but then again, as the battery voltage falls off, there's your setting change...

While I do have a few mechs in storage for vapepocalypse, I'm not an expert on those by any stretch. But you might want to have a look here: Mechanical , lots to choose from in your price range. ( I do have the EA Mech mod v2 they list, and it's well made, sturdy.)

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
My daily vape is a mechanical. I use telescopic mods as I can run it at .8 ohms with a seven amp fuse and 18650's. My drippers I do not run a fuse and lower ohms to .4 or .5. Just a personal thing for me as I beat them up at work. Still my daily vape is my 1 1/2 year old daily used mechanical Mod. CHEERS!

Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread