First Post! Question about my new setup? Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

optemoz

Aug 5, 2012
Apex, NC
Wouldnt let me post this anywhere else so if a mod could move it to the right place it would be appreciated!

Hey guys, Ive been vaping for about a year now and I have always used the eGo systems.. Started with the Type-A, then moved on to the T and then the eGo-C when it came out. I have been getting into it alot more so I went to my local retailer and purchased some new toys. I bought a 510 Dual Coil tank Carto, and a CE-5 Clearomizer. So far I think the 510 tank is amazing, but he lies my problem.. I like to change flavors often, and from what Ive been told, the 510 DC Tank, youre pretty much stuck with the same flavor until the 510 is done for..
Is that correct? Or is there a way to change flavors? Im guessing if I want to use the DC Tank, I need to pick a flavor I REALLY like.. The problem right now is the retailer filled it with a flavor I bought that day and Im not really diggin it. I did buy 3 more cartos so I have replacements.
How about the CE-5's. He told me if I want to change flavors, I can take the carto out and wash out the tank and the wicks and I should be able to change up the flavors. Any insight would be great guys. Or maybe I should stick to my eGo-C if I want a new flavor every day lol
THANKS!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
You can definitely change flavors in both, but it takes a little longer for the dual coils to change as you've got to vaporize more liquid until the flavor comes through. It's only necessary to clean either type in between if it's a radical change in flavor. I actually like the transition when I reload - the blend can taste pretty good too, sometimes.

If you're moving from a strong flavor you don't like, or a menthol or cinnamon, cleaning in between would be a good idea. There are a bunch of threads on how to clean a filler based carto like the dual coils, and the CE5's should rinse out. I use vodka to really remove the old stuff, sometimes a couple rinses before hot water. If the flavor is relly strong it may remain in a filler based carto for a while, so with the really powerful ones it might just be easier to dedicate a carto to it. Good luck with your new toys!

optemoz

Aug 5, 2012
Apex, NC
Hey thanks for the info!

Right now I am vaping a Sweet Tart flavor from Volcano in my 510 DC Tank, I like it, but not a whole lot. The gentlemen told me that by the time I vape all the fluid in the tank, the carto will probably be done for anyway.. is that true? Id like to take the SweetTart out and put something I really enjoy in there. Ill definitely do some digging around the forum, Im just new here and its ALOT of info lol .. Do you think I could remove the SweetTart from the tank and wash the tank and carto out real good and replace it with something tastier? Sorry if Im bugging you with the dumb questions lol

I havent started using my CE-5's yet so Im going to make sure I like what I put in there.. I own an Electronics store in Cary, NC and we carry some very basic stuff like JoyeTech and DeKang liquid.. So all this other stuff is new territory for me. Anyways, Thanks for the help!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Filler based cartos can definitely be cleaned at least a couple times. My way is to soak in vodka for 15 min with a condom on the battery end, then blow it out through the battery end, repeat until vodka comes out clean, then repeat with hot water. Search on ECF for Taryn spin - it's a great way to let centrifugal force get the moisture out. I then set it battery end down on top of a light bulb to dry it in about 15 minutes; others bake them etc. It's important to make sure it's fully dry before refilling, otherwise you won't get much vapor or flavor.

Some of us clean and reuse them, some see it as too much work. If it's not thoroughly cleaned it might not draw or taste as well as you'd like. At under $2 each it may not be worth it to you, depending on your budget and whether you like to tinker a bit. I'm pretty frugal.

That said, if you have a tank with a flavor you like, just keep topping off the tank and you should get a number of days of good vaping. The longer you run it the more likely you won't get as good of a result from cleaning, but if you get a week or so (with relatively thin juices, 80/20 down to 60/40 pg/vg) it's about it's normal life.

Joyetech and Dekang juices should work fine in the carto tanks. Thicker stuff is better in the wicking type cartos like the CE5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread