First Purchase - Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
OK so I think I've done my share of research before purchasing a starter kit and here's what I think would be best I hope you'll let me know.

I'd like to go with a Riva 510 starter kit (Liberty Flights). This offers the atomizer - cartridge experience.

I'd also like to have the cartomizer option so for that I'm gonna purchase a pack of 2.0 boge cartos (out of stock by LF so if you have a good vendor plz advise) plus a 901 atomizer cone which is supposed to be shorter for better access to the carto.

I want to see what a tank system is like too so I'd like to purchase an Ego-T atomizer (LR) and some tanks obviously. I'm pretty sure those will fit onto my 510 Riva threading.

So what do you think?

ps I'd love to know who'd be the cheapest vendor for all this stuff.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
OK so I think I've done my share of research before purchasing a starter kit and here's what I think would be best I hope you'll let me know.

I'd like to go with a Riva 510 starter kit (Liberty Flights). This offers the atomizer - cartridge experience.

I'd also like to have the cartomizer option so for that I'm gonna purchase a pack of 2.0 boge cartos (out of stock by LF so if you have a good vendor plz advise) plus a 901 atomizer cone which is supposed to be shorter for better access to the carto.

I want to see what a tank system is like too so I'd like to purchase an Ego-T atomizer (LR) and some tanks obviously. I'm pretty sure those will fit onto my 510 Riva threading.

So what do you think?

ps I'd love to know who'd be the cheapest vendor for all this stuff.

Good plan. Best is to search for boge 2.0 cartos - many vendors handle it and prices vary from week to week. Same with the eGo-t tanks although I'd suggest getting Joye - meaning cignot, Janty, TW, or heaven gifts that I know are joyes. Any 510 carto will fit the Riva 510 and the SE (special edition) Riva does give you a full 3.7v underload - although the regular Rivas work well depending on what flavors you're vaping. Suggest getting the B type eGo-t tanks and attys and one LR in B type to try.

Also scan the eGo-t threads in general/specific models forums for tips on starting with the eGo-t - how to puncture, fill, making sure the cap is tight, etc. may mean the difference between a good or bad start with the tanks.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
You've given this some thought ... and (as Kent pointed out) you have thought wisely. As always, Kent's advice is spot on.

eGO-in-hand.jpg

I do recommend the Special Edition Riva. To me, that additional half volt (3.7V vs. 3.2V) is worth the extra five bucks. I turn to my 1100 mAh KGO (another 3.7V eGo-compatible fat batt) a lot more than my eGo-T. [BTW, that KGO also is a good choice, if you are willing to pay an extra $10 and a few centimeters in length for the additional 350 mAh.]

chromeKGO-small.jpg

MadVapes is one of the suppliers carrying the Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers: $9 for a five-pack. These Boge cartos are very well thought of, but some vapers are now preferring the Smok Tech Dual Coil cartos. Hoosier E-Cig Supply (the supplier for that KGO) carries them for $2 ea.

1306172315066567628855.jpeg

My personal favorite cartomizers are those carried by IkenVape. [The 801 Fusion cartos are just wonderful and I have heard that the Platinum V2 are the same, but with a 510 fitting.]

510V2-250x250.jpg

FYI: There is another – very different – direction to go: an analog-sized, automatic battery, two-piece Kr8 model, such as the expensive Bloog MaxX Fusion (reviewed here) or the less expensive Smokeless Image VOLT.

MaxXFusionbetweenGrimmGreensfingers-2-1.jpg

These provide an equally fine vaping experience. Much less mAh (220 vs. 750), but that is made up for with a PCC. I enjoy both them and the 510-based fat batts. I describe the pros and cons of each type in this article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread