First RDA unit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS
Today I got my SmokTech Caterpillar in the mail. It is one of the 10 hole models and I have not rebuilt the coils yet (going to go to a friends house and build some in the next couple of days). I now find that my regular tanks are way to restricted on air flow (first world vapor problems, I know). I think I have been spoiled by that which is rda goodness!

To those looking to get into RDAs I would suggest the Caterpillar, you can find them most places for $10 -$15 and it has an adjustable air flow ring.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Never heard of that one before, I'll have to check it out. I really enjoy my Trident V2 clone, I think one just arrived in the mail that I had modified to work as a bottom feeder with my Reo =). My buddy has a Castle RDA that is incredible too. Massive air holes, dual coil only design.

And yeah, everything else just feels inferior compared to a dripper. Welcome to the dark side =) Great to have ya

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS
I am also a fan of the Caterpillar its a very nice RDA. I built duel stovetop coils cotton wicked at .19 ohm and its a beast, vapor so dense it gags me. Its been my goto Dripper

I can't sub ohm just yet as the mod I have is the Innokin MVP v2. I did however go to a buddies house and he helped me build 32 gauge micro coils, so I am sitting at 1.5 ohms right now. The vape is way better then the stock 1.5 ohm build!

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I can't sub ohm just yet as the mod I have is the Innokin MVP v2. I did however go to a buddies house and he helped me build 32 gauge micro coils, so I am sitting at 1.5 ohms right now. The vape is way better then the stock 1.5 ohm build!

Yeah, if you can build a 32 gauge microcoil, you'll find it far easier on 28 an 26 gauge. Not a whole lot of people really use 30 gauge, but it's out there. 28 is my favorite for dual micro's, 26 for singles. Although I've done 26 gauge duals down to .43 ohms on my Stingray and it gets pretty nuts. I have dual 28 gauges at .49 on my Reo, but that's not as strong of a vape as the Stingray because of the voltage drop. Very nice vape though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread