First Reo Ever Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrephunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Montauk - NY
Ok, just got my first ever Reo in the sale on Saturday, YAYYY! But I have never had a bottom feed mod, only heard awesome things and even tried on once quickly and was impressed. So what I need to know, is what else do I need/should I get. I know I need batteries, 18350's I think because its for the VV Woodvil and atomizers,and juice and etc, etc.. But what I want is like and idiots list of stuff I should buy. Good attys and recommended products for a noob.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Good attys can be expensive and you will get many opinions. Some love $3 EM or cartos all can be bought from Rob's site. I lean toward Avid's Cisco attys 3X the price but its what I like now.

EDIT: I buy my batts and chargers from RTD vapor cause I like dealing with owner and he has a REO. :laugh:

Last edited:

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Last edited:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Welcome, Mrephunk :)
I am assuming you are not new to vaping....do you use atties or cartos now? Using something you are already familiar with might be helpful. I also prefer the Cisco 306 atomizers from Avid Vaper. And if you are into cartos, I suggest the Boge 2.0Ω Cartos to start. Oh...and don't forget drip tips if you don't already have them. while they are not necessary, the do seem to make the experience more pleasurable.

I also suggest getting a digital multimeter...it really is helpful when trouble shooting. Seems like a hassle at first, but it really does a lot to help you. You don't have to spend a whole lot on one...no need to buy a Fluke or anything like that. Just a simple one...you can pick them up at most places for less than $10.

For the batteries...I'm using the 18350 AW IMRs...but I suggest getting 3 pair....not just two. You can get most things from RTD Vapor, but I know he's out of the 18350s at the moment. (I think we cleaned him out :laugh:)

Juice is too subjective...perhaps if you have us an idea of what you are into...tobacco flavors? Fruit? Desert? Do you know if you have a base preference like heavy PG or VG?

A lot of us are dabbling in DIY these days, but my favorite juice vendor is Alien Visions E-Juice

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
You are correct, 510s don't need a drip shield. You will notice once you get the whole "squonking" thing down, that there will be very little juice in the catch cup, if any.

Another thing I thought I would mention is that what works for one person may not work well for another. So you should expect some trial & error while you find what works best for you. Juices will taste different on this device than the smaller ecig type devices. Atomizers and Cartos will perform a little differently.

Mrephunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Montauk - NY
definitely not new to vaping, but have been using mostly cartos and tanks. I have never really used a bottom feed mod. I wa thinking of getting an atty from cisco, since I hear his are the best. But what about a bridgeless atty, any good? The connection on the REO is a 510 correct?Just need help getting pointed in the right direction

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
definitely not new to vaping, but have been using mostly cartos and tanks. I have never really used a bottom feed mod. I wa thinking of getting an atty from cisco, since I hear his are the best. But what about a bridgeless atty, any good? The connection on the REO is a 510 correct?Just need help getting pointed in the right direction

It is a 510. It sort of sounds like you're under the same impression I was. It floored me when I realized a lot people put cartos on a Reo and just bottom feed to keep it wet. When I used cartos, I used a drip tip and pulled the tip every few hours and dripped a few drops on the filler. It wasn't that much trouble. So, I'm still not sure I see the point but, people love it.

Unless you're really used to dripping, I wouldn't use a bridgeless atty. I've never used one but, everything I've seen about them says they dry out quickly. You'll have to be very careful about keeping them wet. If you're planning to use an atomizer straight, I'd just use regular atomizers to start. No reason to spend the money on Ciscos or Ikenvapes, if you don't need to. With an atomizer this is very similar to one handed dripping. If you aren't already familiar with that, you need to get familiar. It takes a little skill. You can't see how much you're dripping. So, there's a learning curve here.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO
If you are used to cartos, I would go ahead and use them on the REO, no need to change that unless you want to. I use Boge 2.0 cartos and am very happy with them on my REO. It might make the learning curve a bit easier for you, once you are used to how they perform with your REO, you might want to try attys. As for juice, there are as many different opinions as there are vapors. I agree with Lisa, AVE is great. I also prefer Highbrow Vapors and Kick Bass Vapors.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
For juice, give VapeDudes a try. They give a free 10ml bottle to the first 15 new customers everyday using the code "fbfree" Free shipping too so there's nothing to lose :toast::vapor:

Then once you find something you like, the code "vapedudes" is a one shot 40% off.

I'm addicted to their Blue Honey (blueberry/honey), Ice ICE (spearmint/menthol) and Dude Cider (apple cider/cinnamon donut) from the naturals line. They use 50/50 pg/vg standard but will custom mix other ratios on request.

Mrephunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Montauk - NY
Vapedudes sounds good!, I have tried AVE and I wasn't thrilled with their stuff. But this was when I was very noobish and didn't know about steeping you juice. I am definitely gonna try the REO with some of my Boge 2.0 but was hoping to use an atty so as to get rid of the filler material. I have tried dripping but only very little, and liked the better flavor I got from it. So I am hoping to use an atomizer setup with it. How hard is it to use an atty with the REO. Any pointers

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Vapedudes sounds good!, I have tried AVE and I wasn't thrilled with their stuff. But this was when I was very noobish and didn't know about steeping you juice. I am definitely gonna try the REO with some of my Boge 2.0 but was hoping to use an atty so as to get rid of the filler material. I have tried dripping but only very little, and liked the better flavor I got from it. So I am hoping to use an atomizer setup with it. How hard is it to use an atty with the REO. Any pointers

Well its the only way I use my REO. No big secret...just keep it wet. You will get use to squonking (squeezing the juice bottle) its minor learning thing but you'll catch on fast. If you accidently flood the atty no biggie and a easy fix it part of the learning process. Keeping a dry atty can burn out one more easily. As a guy I think of attys as woman...I'd rather have one in a wet t-shirt than a dry one. :D

Last edited:

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
There is a slight learning curve, but once you've got it, it becomes second nature.
Blind Sqounk~ without hitting the firing button gently suck on your drip tip while slighty mashing (squonking) the juice bottle. As soon as you feel a little resistance, or hear a little gurgle-STOP sucking and squonking. Fire button and vape. As soon as you notice a little drop off in flavor, squonk and repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread