first time vaper here

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapanbash

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
wisconsin
Hi All ,sure I'll be running in to some of you sooner or latter , ok I'll start with my name , Y do I call my self vapanbash for a hobby I'm into RC truck's Im a basher , today is my 2 day vaping at night while I get use to it , what I picked up on my first order

eGo USB 450 mAh Charger Cable (Vaperalley)
Joye eGo Twist 1000mAh variable voltage battery (AvidVaper)
AV Dual Coil 2ml XL Slim Tank (AvidVaper)
X2 Dual Coil 510 Pre-Drilled 5 pack Cartomizers wronge size LOL (AvidVaper)
juice , Fire Cured did not like ,Vanilla (Vaperalley)
5ml Syringe (Vaperalley)
both size cones in chrome and black (AvidVaper)

I smoked marlboro reds for 26 years , about five years ago I tryed a cheap E cig and I got about 5 hits and it went dead put it on the charge that it came with and it started on fire , I did stop smoking for 2 years but when I gave up drinking I started to smoke again , about two weeks ago I seen a grimmgreen vid , so I looked at a lot of vids and found that the twist was a good starting point for me and so far the vanilla is not to bad and the set up hits great a little pass 4v , so I'll be doing some testing differnt Cartomizers , Atomizers , and e-liquid onto I find what works for me and I'm open to all idea's

conflator

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
Welcome to ECF! I'm glad you tried e-cigs again after what sounds like a pretty terrible first experience.

The Twist is great - good choice! Get a backup as soon as you can :) Sucks to be left without a charged battery!

Sorry to hear about the wrong sized cartos. Not sure if they're better than clearos, but I personally prefer them. Gives more of the "smoking" feeling, and better flavour than clearos, I think.

It's definitely nice to have an atomizer (don't forget the drip tip!). They're great for trying out new flavours. Make sure you get the bridgeless. You can de-bridge them yourself, but save yourself the hassle.

Good luck. Don't be a stranger!

vapanbash

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
wisconsin
Thanks alot Bro , I feel this is gona work for me , I find it exciting to no that I will smell and taste will get better not to mention not losing my breath just running across the street .
I would like to no a little more about the darwin mod , so far I go by test but it would be nice to no what volt , watt , ohm Im runin at and it would be nice to have at least one mod that can run most every thing .
or should I wait a while and get the hang of it more

muddyjeremy

Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Oklahoma
The Ego twist is great that's a great start. I've found my favorite juice vendors are Halo, Nitelitevapor, and Rawr. I'd recomend keeping some cartos around, my favorites are the standard Boge and Smoketek's dual coil ones. They're the easiest to use when you get frustrated with keeping up with the clearomizers. Clearomizers are great, but at first I found I felt like I was spending half my day messing with them to get them to work right. All in all I'd say try small samples from different vendors so you don't end up with a closet full of unused liquid!

vapanbash

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
wisconsin
The Ego twist is great that's a great start. I've found my favorite juice vendors are Halo, Nitelitevapor, and Rawr. I'd recomend keeping some cartos around, my favorites are the standard Boge and Smoketek's dual coil ones. They're the easiest to use when you get frustrated with keeping up with the clearomizers. Clearomizers are great, but at first I found I felt like I was spending half my day messing with them to get them to work right. All in all I'd say try small samples from different vendors so you don't end up with a closet full of unused liquid!

thanks for the great info , right now I am drawn to carto tanks they just look more problem free so I'm glad to hear you say that , I did buy a few but they were the wronge size for my tank so I have a feeling I'll be making a lot of orders onto I get the hang of it , I look at my ordering mistake as stocking up for the next size I will try LOL
thanks again

vapanbash

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
wisconsin
Welcome to ECF! I'm glad you tried e-cigs again after what sounds like a pretty terrible first experience.

The Twist is great - good choice! Get a backup as soon as you can :) Sucks to be left without a charged battery!

Sorry to hear about the wrong sized cartos. Not sure if they're better than clearos, but I personally prefer them. Gives more of the "smoking" feeling, and better flavour than clearos, I think.

It's definitely nice to have an atomizer (don't forget the drip tip!). They're great for trying out new flavours. Make sure you get the bridgeless. You can de-bridge them yourself, but save yourself the hassle.

Good luck. Don't be a stranger!

Thanks , I do have a back up on the way and plan on ordering one more , and I'll look more into the driping , great info thanks

DizGrizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Near Austin, TX
Things have gotten better, thank heavens. New toys are coming quite often these days. A lot of people have complaints about china I happen to think they are on the cutting edge. Where are we?
China is, at least in this industry, cutting edge for most items but that has more to do with some of our crazy laws and the loons we have on capital hill than anything else. All of my complaints about them do not stem from any perceived "lack of technology" but, rather, a lack of quality control and, well, just quality in most of their stuff. Still, it's mostly inexpensive.

vapenbash, enjoy your journey into the world of flava!

vapanbash

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
wisconsin
To day is day 3 vaping took the ego to work with me and I only had one real cig all day and I am very happy about that , this is working out great so far , few things I would like to know about juice , what is the differnts between PG and VG do they both have no tast and what one is better for ya , thanks

Last edited:

conflator

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
To day is day 3 vaping took the ego to work with me and I only had one real cig all day and I am very happy about that , this is working out great so far , few things I would like to know about juice , what is the differnts between PG and VG do they both have no tast and what one is better for ya , thanks

Good to hear!

PG = Propylene Glycol. Used in asthma inhalers, night club smoke, sometimes in HVAC systems as an antibacterial agent. Effects on the respiratory system studied since the 40's. Essentially flavourless. Provides more throat hit and flavour, less vapour.

VG = Vegetable Glycerine. Used in...almost everything from toothpaste to skin care products, liqueurs, dog food. Slightly sweet (it's used as a sweetener in some food applications). Smoother vape, doesn't carry flavour as well, more vapour.

Both are GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe).

The only thing found in commercial ejuices that are of concern are the flavourings. We don't really know a lot about inhalation of flavour compounds, even though they are approved for use in foods, perfumes, etc. It would be nice to see some studies on this, as we don't really know, but I would consider it of fairly small concern, especially considering what we were doing to our lungs with cigs.

vapanbash

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
wisconsin
Good to hear!

PG = Propylene Glycol. Used in asthma inhalers, night club smoke, sometimes in HVAC systems as an antibacterial agent. Effects on the respiratory system studied since the 40's. Essentially flavourless. Provides more throat hit and flavour, less vapour.

VG = Vegetable Glycerine. Used in...almost everything from toothpaste to skin care products, liqueurs, dog food. Slightly sweet (it's used as a sweetener in some food applications). Smoother vape, doesn't carry flavour as well, more vapour.

Both are GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe).

The only thing found in commercial ejuices that are of concern are the flavourings. We don't really know a lot about inhalation of flavour compounds, even though they are approved for use in foods, perfumes, etc. It would be nice to see some studies on this, as we don't really know, but I would consider it of fairly small concern, especially considering what we were doing to our lungs with cigs.

Thanks that is great info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread