first timer aka noob looking for right e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmichael

Sep 26, 2013
USA
so i'm looking for my first e-cig. i'm not sure whether i should get the kgo 1100 mah or the ego twist. i smoke close to half a pack of marlboro reds a day. i also enjoy 27's and camels turkish. i'm wondering how many mg of nicotine you guys think is good for a first timer. also flavors?
i'm stumped when it comes to clearomizers and cartomizers and atomizers. anyone have any recommendations?
i'm looking to get 2 batteries, 2 clearomizers or cartomizers, usb/wall adapter and charger, and a 50ml of e-juice. looking to spend around 60-70 dollars. please help :oops:

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Good that you have your mind on a decent kit. I second what u think. With the kGos you can fit eGo thread toppers and 510thread toppers too. Gives you a little room to play with. Heard great thing about the evods and i personally have the vivi nova and they are awesome! Dont know how hard it is to disassemble the evods but vivi novas are so easy to clean and maintain.

But for strong cinnamon, frost, citrus juices, you might want to look into polypropylene or glass tanks. Heard great things about the texas tuffy tanks (except the side screw can strip the thread on the side of the tank though) or of course the now popular protank 2. BTW i dig the protank 2 way more than the protank 2 minis since there were numerous problems i encountered with the minis.

Vap3N

Sep 5, 2013
Florida, USA
Looking for throat hit, as a quitting smoker? V2 my friend, V2. Their flavors are just ok. I bought (and still do) their blanks and blanks from other vendors and fill my own juice. There are other vendors that are equally great, my experience from smoking to vaping was with V2, so I may be a little bias. Im still a newbie myself and just switched to egos though. Only my opinion however. Hope I helped some. P.S. welcome to this wonderful place of The ECF, I love it here, better than any other social networking site, arguably. In my opinion.

abasm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Condor, AB, Canada
Hi Michael welcome to the forum.
I started with the ego's and although I have moved up to the mods I still keep my ego's as back up or when I am out and about. They work well for me. I use all 3 of the clearo/tanks you mention and all seem to work well with the ego using 1.8 or 2.4 ohm heads.
I used to smoke about 30 cigs a day and started at 18 mg juice so thats not too bad a starter but you may also want to get a 12 mg as well as the 18 may be to strong.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I forgot to add that with the Vision Spinner you can adjust the vape so you can get either a lighter or stronger hit. I'm smoking 12mg nic juice with it adjusted pretty low and it seems to be working for me. I smoked Pall Mall Lights.

I'm no pro, obviously, but I'd start lower and work your way up to higher if you need to if you have the ability to adjust the hit.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
But for strong cinnamon, frost, citrus juices, you might want to look into polypropylene or glass tanks. Heard great things about the texas tuffy tanks (except the side screw can strip the thread on the side of the tank though) or of course the now popular protank 2. BTW i dig the protank 2 way more than the protank 2 minis since there were numerous problems i encountered with the minis.

Yeah, I specifically ordered the pyrex Kanger Protank - II for my cinnamon juice that I knew I wanted.

I bought a basic eGo of no particular brand and some basic clearos (whcih I called thingys) and I'm happy with them. I didn't pay too much because I wanted to make sure vaping worked for me. Turns out I love it and I don't see any reason to upgrade to anything fancier. The ones you are conidering are a step or two above what I got.

If you love it, you will want several "back-ups" anyway.

So, I don't think it much matters which of the set-ups you listed you get, as they're all popular,quality makes. You will either not stick with vaping or you will be content where you are or you will get hooked on the hobby and buy all the shiny gadgets. (personally, I may experiment with some bottom coil or pyrex clearos, but I doubt I'll buy expensive batteries. That's because I'm happy with what I have and what I have is quite cheap.)

Go with the one that is best price or looks coolest or is fastest to acquire.

michaelmichael

Sep 26, 2013
USA
hello everyone! wow i had no idea how fast people would reply, haha thank you all!
i'm not too sure about the cinnamon flavors but any fruity ones people recommend? any tobacco flavors that are similar to reds?
i heard the v2 (v2cigs.com) were good but very overpriced and their flavors were meh.
i think i'm going to go with the 2 kgo batteries and try to find a vivi nova and hmmm still deciding maybe a kanger protank2
as for nicotine i think 18mg will be just right.

@danca90 what do you mean spinner or a twist :p sorry if that was a stupid question

i'm a bit tired so sorry about little mistakes

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
i'm thinking about 2 kgo 1100 batteries and a kanger t3 or evod or vivi nova mini. also about 18 mg of nicotine.

I started with 2 KGO 1100s and still have them. I also prefer the T3. And 18mg sounds like a good starting point. You can go up or down if it's not right.

As far as flavors, just buy samples until you find something you like. I found that I hate vaping tobacco flavors, so I stick to desserts.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
hello everyone! wow i had no idea how fast people would reply, haha thank you all!
i'm not too sure about the cinnamon flavors but any fruity ones people recommend? any tobacco flavors that are similar to reds?
i heard the v2 (v2cigs.com) were good but very overpriced and their flavors were meh.
i think i'm going to go with the 2 kgo batteries and try to find a vivi nova and hmmm still deciding maybe a kanger protank2
as for nicotine i think 18mg will be just right.

@danca90 what do you mean spinner or a twist :p sorry if that was a stupid question

i'm a bit tired so sorry about little mistakes

A Spinner or Twist is similar to the KGO battery except there is a little dial on the bottom to change the voltage. They are another good option. They are a step between the KGO and a full blown APV. You don't need any advanced knowledge to use them. Just remember to start at a low voltage and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Welcome...might I direct you to the library to learn a bit more, read the stickies

ego batteries are awesome...I know many who have them and they like them alot

The ECF Library

Also...head on over to fasttech.com TONS of stuff..only problem is...it takes 2-4 weeks (usually 2 weeks) for stuff to come in

$9.52 Mini Vivi Nova 2-in-1 USB Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - translucent + black / single e-cigarette / 2.6
900mAh..but you could order 2 for less than $20
seriously...check it out...order eGo batteries separately, and a few vivi nova mini's and some heads and blamo
They even sell e-juice there..."Chinese made" some people don't like it...others LOVE it...and China for some reason supplies a HUGE amount of the market...go figure

VaporGod (you gotta try their "strawberry kiwi")
Roar Vapor ("strapple" is slap yo mamma good!)

Last edited:

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
#17 now i may want to get that... since i can order everything from one site and a lot to customize from. spinner/twist combo. geeez what do i do lol. 650/1000mah twist and 1300mah spinner with t3 and evod? or the 2 kgo

theres no manual when i order separately :[
2 spinner 1300 mah, and evod's. It's my happy place right now. I haven't been vaping long, but this is perfect for me right now. I wish I would have gotten that instead of my over priced joye 1000 mah pass through kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread