First Timer Working On Micro Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
So just roll it to a point? Fatter at the top and thinner as it goes down. Enough to touch all of the coil but not so much that it plugs it. I learned that lesson tonight haha, on one attempt I rolled it so fat I almost wrecked the coil pulling it out. And it started to get burn marks on it too.

It takes trial and error. But I use a piece of cotton that's the same width from top to bottom and I tight roll it up to where it'll rest in the coil. Work it through the coil into the tank. Sometimes I have to inch it into the tank with a tiny jewelers flat head. Then I take the jewelers flat head and fan the cotton out under the coil and in the wick hole. From there you can drip on it and fire it a few times to see how it works. This also helps break it in.

This is a twisted coil but it'll give you an idea -

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
I did it! I finally did it. 2.0 ohms, took me to Tasty Town, population me!

RvyC1O2.png

The coil looks much better than this picture shows. I got home, wrapped a coil, threw it out, did another and realized what I've been doing so wrong! I'm vaping Cinnamon Roll and am so, so happy right now! I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
A lot. Lol. If I take a huge drag I get a metallic taste, so I've been keeping them to my normal drags. I also dropped the voltage from 5.0 to 4.8 to see if it helps, and it has. I wrapped the coil much tighter. Instead of using the nail clippers on both posts I just bent the bottom post until the wire snapped off and then clipped the top with nail clippers and had the hair length piece under the post with a tiny flat tipped screwdriver. Coil has been steady all night.

Lowering the voltage that much lets me take bigger, flavorful hits! Yum!

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
I'm back to the metallic taste again. 3.5V is fine. As I increase it, I'm getting more and more metallic taste. 1.8 ohm coil. Maybe I'm just vaping at too high of a voltage? If this is the case then I'll be kicking myself for tossing such a good coil. I kinda feel I should be able to vape at a high voltage though, I don't know enough to say if I can or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread