Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
Hey, just got my first order from tvr!

Got 50/50 pg/vg 24mg for each juice in 30/15/3... Quick flavor review pre-steep, fresh carto's.

Vanilla Tobacco (30ml): Interesting flavor... I'm fairly new to tobacco flavors, only having tried the copper creek house blend and carolina sunrise from iVape. House blend is similar in scent to this flavor but tastes nothing like it. Carolina Sunset was a "sample" from a friend and was reminescent of... Taking a whiff of cayenne pepper or something. After realizing it was similar to house blend from cc I was excited, since I loooooved that flavor.

Moving on to my impression, all I can seem to taste is overly sweet vanilla and some slightly bittersweet flavor that I really just can't put my finger on. It seems almost overly artificial, which I think is the root of said bitterness, and I'm hoping that will fade with steeping. Throat hit is ridiculous, which is good, but the exhale has the strange bittersweet taste, while somehow being too sweet to handle. Overall, I think this flavor has potential but it's more of an occasional vape in it's current state.

All that being said, I'm still new and don't know much about tobacco or vanilla flavors, so take my review with a grain of salt.

Creme de Menthe (15ml): Definitely a good flavor. Decent change from the straight menthol I've been vaping from CCV I don't really notice any "creaminess" but its a light mint with something I can't really describe. This suffers from a little bit of the same bitterness as vanilla tobacco, but it's not bad at all. Like I said... it's almost spearmint-ish... With a lil steeping I expect it will be much better. I EXPECT GREAT THINGS! XD

Oh... Possible all day vape, too.

Hypnotic (3ml): Rather interesting vape... I haven't used in a resurrector yet like the other two, but with my reg 510 atty it tastes pretty decent. Only way I can describe it is citrus... No specific citrus, but a hybrid of a few. Little less "artificial" flavor, but it's still there. After steeping a while I may have to grab a big bottle of this.

Now, on to my question... All of these juices have a strange artificially sweet taste to them. I almost wonder if this has to do with the pg, since most juices i've tried have been primarily vg mixes, no higher than 25% pg. I really like TVR, and the weekly juice deals are a good incentive to try new flavors out... If I don't like that much, save for a rainy day, etc etc... But are there any flavors without that strange artificially sweet flavor to them? While this may just be my weird taste buds, i'm looking for something that I can vape all day without too much damned sweetness. (In hindsight my choices probably could've been better for said request, but I wanted to try those!)

Also, could be that I need to steep longer. I will re-review in about a week, lol.

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
If you look on the website, and even on your receipt, it DOES recommend steeping for the juice - even tells you a time table to use for which size of juice you buy....so I would try them again after further steeping. I like creme de menthe, and I love blueberry cinnamon crumble and vanilla cupcake. Blueberry cinnamon crumble is a VERY popular flavor, seems everyone loves it, so I recommend you try that one next. In fact, isn't it on special right now? I could be wrong though.

Not everyone likes vanilla cupcake but I've heard great things about Vanilla Custard and that is on my too try very soon list. The juices I have tried so far are sweet, though with steeping you may find them a little less sweeter. I get 75pg/25vg for max flavor and still plenty of vapor. I haven't tried double shots yet because they recommend you try single shot first, and other people have said that getting a double shot can really alter the flavor.

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
I know it recommends steeping, which is why I said, "Quick flavor review pre-steep, fresh carto's." That being said, even after a day I noticed a difference. In about a week I will re-review, and I may end up ordering some other juices in all honesty. I wish I'd have ordered some blueberry cinnamon crumble, since it was on special when I ordered this. I'm probably gonna have to try as a sample. I think my problem with Vanilla Tobacco is the fact that its... Well, tobacco. I've only ever tried the three I mentioned, and two didn't impress me that much. That may very well be because I just don't like tobacco flavorings.

Edit: In addition, i'm just trying to get some reviews out there. In reading/watching a lot of reviews, I realize that there normally isn't a whole lot of detail, just... Mmmm *puff* this taste like what it says... *puff* all day vape yeah! That's not to trash everyone, in fact there are a lot of great reviews, especially on ECF.

Last edited:

Merph

Jan 8, 2012
USA
I've ordered atleast 15-20 flavors so far from TVR... I'll give you a quick review...

I'm vaping with a Reo Grand, Ressurector, and Cherry Vape Drip tip... Always vape 50/50 - 12mg.

Peanut Butter Cookie - Weird taste going down, like peanuts... But when you blow out that vapor.. omg it's pure cookies, with PB taste... It's an all day vape if you enjoy the bakery juice. I've had about 10 friends try it and they absolutely loveeeee it. 9/10 for me.

Apple Pie - I didn't think I'd like this one, thought it was going to be too much apples. But it's like a light cinnamon apple taste. This is my second 'vape all day' juice. Just a heads up to, I received a gift from a friend that had TVR Apple Pie 50/50 18mg... I personally vape 12mg, and I noticed a big difference in vapor production and throat hit, it's very strong - I couldn't chain vape this... Maybe I'm use to 12mg, but it just hit me too hard. Different taste than the 12mg also.

Celtic Coffee - I was sketchy on the "coffee" juices, hoping it wouldnt smell and taste like the bottom of a brew of coffee.. But it has this sweet bubblegum taste to it that makes it utterly awesome, with a slightttttt hint of coffee. Out of everyone I referred to TVR, they order this one immediately.. LOVE this one.

One more I need to mention, Blueberry Cinnamon Crunch - I haven't had the chance to try to vape all day on this one since I got a free 3ml bottle of it, but when I did drip - This tasted soo good and sold me on the idea of vaping and why people do it. I didn't like it steep too long since I was too excited to vape - but I put in an order just now for a 10ml bottle... I vaped this day 1 with my friend, and it was super sweet but awesome..

Again, my personal flavor choices out of everything I ordered from TVR - Most of the flavors are awesome, I had a few problems with the fruit flavors - I didn't like them too much, but I'm steeping them for a while to see if that changes.

Josh and Jess are awesome! Glad you choice TVR!

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
I was thinking of trying pb cookie, which again... Sweet juice, not sure if I love em yet or not, but that being said, I loved house blend which tasted a lot like a cookie, so that may be a good choice as well. And yeah all juice i've tried before my last two orders were 12-18mg, and were way too light. I noticed the TH is insane once I stepped up to 24mg, but in order to curb my cravings for analogs it's pretty much required. Like I said tho, I really like TVR so if nothing else, I'm gonna just keep trying some new flavors. Worse comes to worst, I go to the trade forums or something. But quite frankly, bein able to sample whatever im going to order next is a great feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread