First Vape, First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Hey all

Just got my first E-Cig kit yesterday. Chose the 510 Gift Pack from America's Best Buys. Their shipping is great. I ordered it on Wednesday and got it Monday! I also had a question about my order and got a response back from my e-mail within a few hours. So I wanted to give credit where credit is due!

I was smoking about a pack and half a day and have had 2 cigs since yesterday (one while waiting for my units to charge and one when I wound up with 2 dead batteries). Once I get this system down, I don't see me needing the "real weed" very often.

Two questions:
1. My batteries on the 510 seem to be lasting about 3 hours each and it takes about 2 hours to re-charge one. Is this about right?
2. To get past the battery problem, I ordered two versions of the USB "pass-through" from MadVapes today. But after reading some more in this forum, I'm afraid to plug them into my computer due to some of the stories about these things cooking the computer. I've ordered the "510 Sit and Go USB" and the "5 Volt 510 Manual USB Pass-through". Is anybody worried these devices could fry a 'puter? (BTW, all my computers have the USB 2.0 plugs)

Thanks,
Rich

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Congratulations on the decision to Vape instead of smoke. A True life changer.

You'll find around here the 510 is the most popular, and yes the battery life is just about right. A couple things you can do..

Get the PCC (personal charging case).
That serves as a case for your ecig (duh) and it charges your battery as well.
So you carry 2 batteries, vape with one while your charging the other.

Or if battery life is really important to you, get the EGO

I can't speak much about the passthroughs, I just got one myself (but I have a Blu ecig, so this won't help you). But I haven't heard the "stories" you refer to about them "cooking" your computer.

But the battery life issue is pretty common with ALL ecigs. But you can find some specialty ones like the Ego that will have 6-10 hour battery life.

Hope that is helpfull for you.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
I do believe as long as they are 2.0, your computer should be fine. Don't hold me to that though.
As for batterylife, how often are ya vaping? Non-stop? Lightly?

I gotta admit, I'm suckin' that stick quite a bit. I'd say every 10 min or so, I take a few draws. Right now I'm just concerned with getting away from the "weed", so I'm giving myself some free rein.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Welcome to vaping.Battery life depends on how much you vape ,but a few hours s right for 510.Do yourself a favor and get some juice.Freedomsmokeusa is running a 50% off or flavorshack is also good.Stick with it and good luck

The kit I bought has a 20ml bottle of juice which I have been using to refill the factory carts. It's pretty easy. So far, I've only used 2 of the factory cartridges.

Total Noob Story: IMHO, the instructions for the unit weren't very clear that the "blank" in the e-cig was a "blank".......so I sucked on that for about an hour and began wondering why I wanted a cig so bad. (the vapor-smoke was throwing me) I finally figured it out when I tried to "re-fill" the blank and couldn't understand why there was no wadding in it. Funny now. Not so much then.

Rich

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
richs10:Hey all

Just got my first E-Cig kit yesterday. Chose the 510 Gift Pack from America's Best Buys. Their shipping is great. I ordered it on Wednesday and got it Monday! I also had a question about my order and got a response back from my e-mail within a few hours. So I wanted to give credit where credit is due!

I was smoking about a pack and half a day and have had 2 cigs since yesterday (one while waiting for my units to charge and one when I wound up with 2 dead batteries). Once I get this system down, I don't see me needing the "real weed" very often.

Two questions:
1. My batteries on the 510 seem to be lasting about 3 hours each and it takes about 2 hours to re-charge one. Is this about right?

Actually 3 hours on a regular 510 battery is good. 2 hours recharge sounds about right too.

2. To get past the battery problem, I ordered two versions of the USB "pass-through" from MadVapes today. But after reading some more in this forum, I'm afraid to plug them into my computer due to some of the stories about these things cooking the computer. I've ordered the "510 Sit and Go USB" and the "5 Volt 510 Manual USB Pass-through". Is anybody worried these devices could fry a 'puter? (BTW, all my computers have the USB 2.0 plugs)

Best to just get a wall plug (car plug is good for traveling as well). Only thing is to run the passthrough - esp. without an inline batt - you want to get one rated at least 1amp.

Amazon.com: Scosche IP2IN1 iPod/Universal USB Charger for Home and Car: Electronics

*JC*

Apr 24, 2010
Austin, Texas
Total Noob Story: IMHO, the instructions for the unit weren't very clear that the "blank" in the e-cig was a "blank".......so I sucked on that for about an hour and began wondering why I wanted a cig so bad. (the vapor-smoke was throwing me) I finally figured it out when I tried to "re-fill" the blank and couldn't understand why there was no wadding in it. Funny now. Not so much then.

Rich

HaHa, how the heck did you stand the taste of pure atty shipping primer with no juice? That stuff tastes pretty awful?

needspaddedwalls

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Somerville, MASS
Just got my eGo yesterday and havnt touched an analog since.
I tried one from esmoke(dot)net and it sucked compared to this. Sending the old one back today.
I ordered from cignot.com on Friday in the afternoon and it was here monday afternoon :D and I spent half the price.
When they say 6-10 hours they mean 6-10. I'm on 8hrs and still vaping fine. Battery life is important to me cant stand costantly having to be near a plug.
Good luck man!
Go eGo, all the 510 stuff works with it.

budster

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Get a wall adapter for the passthru, why take a chance on frying your computer. Cignot redefines the definition of fast in my book. Be sure to try plenty of juices, and remember, if you want some "weeds", have them! I've been at this thing about a week and a half, and I'm finding that I want them less and less. They are starting to taste pretty yucky! It will come on its own, trust me.

the_antisheep

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
CO
Start purchasing eGo products... I bought the kit, but it looks like you can buy the battery and the atty cover here separately: Cignot your Midwest Electronic Cigarette store. <- I have 2 of these batteries that came with my kit and I never had to use any passthrough, or plug myself into a wall... Battery life has never been an issue.

Oh yeah, and like someone else said, they work with all your 510 equipment.

richs10

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Maryland
Thanks all for the comments and support. I ran out of smokes last night and didn't buy any today......didn't want to. I know its early on and I'm very new to this but I'm liking it a lot so far!

NEW CRISIS: I just got home and the power is out! Only one charged batt! Looks like I may be recharging from the 12 volt in the car!!!! :)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread