First VV mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacedoutart

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Buffalo NY
So Ive built a couple of simple mods before; however, i decided to give a VV mod a try. I ordered and received the madvapes VV chip with the board and a voltage display. It seems pretty simple to connect. My question with it is since it is an inefficient chip, would I be able to connect it to a USB cord instead of a battery since I normally at 4.2 volts on a 2.5 ohm super shorty. My thoughts are less voltage for it to just turn to heat. Also my other question is I see use of capacitors in the spec sheet diagram. What type of capacitor do you guys recommend and does it make a difference? Thanks again for all input.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I've built several mods with the Madvapes VV circuit. I've never used a capacitor with it. The parts that come with it are all you need. As for your question about using it as a passthrough, it is a step-down reg. You'll have to connect a DC supply that is at or around the spec'd input (~7.4v). Hobbyking may have a power source that's capable of giving you what you're looking for, as they offer li-ion chargers for 2S charging. I know there's been talk, before, of building mods with on-board charging of li-ion-series, but the drawback is the real estate that's neccessary to acheive the results. If you're looking to delete the actual batteries and only be wired, I guess that it could be done with a li-ion charger and the MV VV circuit. Just be sure the charger produces the amps neccessary for the circuit to operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread