Fitting first post and intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvenhippie

Mar 31, 2013
USA
i've been lurking since i started being serious about vaping, and i've been a bit shy about using my first post to be helpful or give my two cents to someone else's troubles. so here's an introduction.

i quit smoking in september 2012, cold turkey and fulfilling a long term goal. went from 1/2 pad to none. work got stressful and i found blu. blu, of course, leaves a lot to be desired. journeyed from there to johnson creek's vea, just an ego clone. but it does the job. i will be getting a vamo in june, which is the earliest my wife will allow another e-cigarette purchase. she's sympathetic, but wants me to get our money's worth out of the vea. i'm a tinkerer at heart, so these setups leave me wanting, for vw/vv and rebuildability.

my current setup is a pair of carto-tanks and the vea fixed 3.4 volts ego batts. i use 25/75 pg/vg juice at 12 mg nic(after starting at 24). if you were wondering, the vea rev 2.0 cartos do work well for carto tanks, you just have to punch them yourself. the blu cartos have glue in them, and are suitable only as a last resort if your other systems are failing, and you only need 2 hours of vaping. i did try them in a tank setup, they are just awful, you only taste the glue.

tl;dr-
hi, i'm elvenhippie, vaper.
wanted to break forum cherry
former blu user(unfortunately)
using vea now, with carto tanks
prefer 25/75 pg/vg juice
will get a vamo shortly

thanks all, steam away!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Hello ELvenhippie so glad you joined us. You might notice my forum avatar is an elf! we have something in common!

Renzuli's advice is good even your blu batteries if they still work are a decent emergency backup system and since blu has a 510 connection you can put other cartos and clearos on them. :)

Always have backups for your backups. Never get caught with a dead battery or the stinkie sticks will call loudly.

elvenhippie

Mar 31, 2013
USA
hehehe, true on the batteries. the blus take carto tanks, though it looks strange, and gotta be careful about leakage. the veas, though, are all the backup i really need. they are usb passthroughs, so i can charge them in the car.

my only relapse was for a clove. and it served to remind me that even the "really good" analogs are awful, so it served a purpose in itself.

the name is a moniker i've had since youth, back when i was allowed to have my flowing locks.

elvenhippie

Mar 31, 2013
USA
i've used clove flavors before. johsnon creek has the marcado which is pretty good, cinnamony clovey type flavor. and my current favorite supplier is velvet vapors, and they have a straight up clove flavor that's nice and spicy. you wouldn't need any nicotine in that for th, the clove does it for you. not an all day thing, but still good for those weird moods that can strike you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread