Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
The wheel keeps popping up on my wife's BP. I can press it back down with a fingernail, but it doesn't stay down very long. Also, whatever assembly it sits on seems a bit loose in there. It's new, #1024.

I haven't opened it up yet, is this something I can fix permanently myself, or am I going to have to send it in? I'd rather avoid that, as it's 2 weeks each way and Mrs Dopeh is eyeing my BP lol

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
The wheel keeps popping up on my wife's BP. I can press it back down with a fingernail, but it doesn't stay down very long. Also, whatever assembly it sits on seems a bit loose in there. It's new, #1024.

I haven't opened it up yet, is this something I can fix permanently myself, or am I going to have to send it in? I'd rather avoid that, as it's 2 weeks each way and Mrs Dopeh is eyeing my BP lol

Dopeh this usually happens from a fall and the batts push up on the PCB , we use an industrial super glue to mount the PCB but they can come loose from time to time , take a tooth pick and some good SG and run a small bead around the edge of the PCB under the wheel then push it down ( batts OUT ! ) and hole it there with a clean toothpick , let it set for 20 min, or so this should fix it without having to send it back from Mont.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
The whole PCB is most likely moving just out of sight. Its unlikely the wheel itself came loose or you would be having more problems than just movement.

Does it look like this one? Note the gap below the wheel? If so, its the pcb rising up. Picture 004.jpg

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Not like that one, only the wheel gets unseated, not the thing it sits on. My gap is between the wheel and that metal square thingy you see under it.

I'll take a pic when it happens again, but I'm not gonna force it up lol

Thanks btw :)
Hmmmm mike will have to chime in on that. Sounds like the Pot wheel itself was defective. Not really sure how that could happen otherwise. Im sure mike will have some advice though ;)

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
OK is it is ONLY the wheel/POT then the damn solder broke loose ( these have short leads in the front and sometimes they do get get full solder , I already pointed this out to my supplier ) you can try to insert the super glue under the POT and hold it down 20 min. with the tooth pick , those front leads are for support only so if it holds it should be OK .

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Good luck with it Dopeh, hope you don't have to send it in.

Mike is that the same reason a wheel would start turning too easily?

No, the center post on the wheel/pot is pressed to add resistance to movement , they loosen up sometimes , to tighten them we have to pull the top cap and punch that center post a little and that tightens them back up .

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
The Mrs. doesn't want me messing around with her mod lol - we've decided to order a 3rd BP as a backup, and send hers in for repair by someone who has a clue. :D

I've printed the RMA form, do I just send it all in or am I missing a step?

Is there a way to order a BP with brass threaded bottom cap?

you got it send the unit and RMA form please , for a new order put in the notes to use an ALL METAL bottom cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread