Fizz. How do I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I was in a local ecig shop and trying out some of the juices. I did not find anything I liked, but they all seem to have a little bit of fizz to them- something akin to a carbonated beverage. The fizz was quite pleasant.

I DIY with 70/30 PG/VG with 8mg nic as a base and then flavor accordingly. These days, I vape mostly with bottom coils, although I do use genesis style rba's at home. Now messing with micro coils and wool/cotton. I don't vape below 2 ohms, and generally stay in the 4.5 to 5 volt range.

Any ideas? Thanks

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have never been a big fan of the soda flavorings since they all seem so artificial-DIY or otherwise. I was trying out the coffee and bakery products where I noticed the fizz. Coffee has been really elusive to DIY, and none of the commercial stuff comes close. I am happy with my fruit recipes and things like blueberry waffle, apple pie, etc.

Going to try some extraction of coffee, but need to get some extra jars and coffee filters. There is a thread in DIY with some interesting approaches. I have a really strong addiction to coffee and own one of those genuine espresso machines that freshly grinds each portion from real beans. None of this ersatz Keurig stuff for me!

The fizz was not from the soda flavored juices.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
The only fizzy flavorings I've tried were soda flavors, and I wondered if the tingle was just a psychological thing. I added Ginger Ale flavoring to some bakery recipes, and it did add 'fizziness' to my gingerbread. I suppose any of the soda flavors could be used similarly in mixes.

But yes, I also wonder what ingredient puts the fizz in soda flavorings, and if it's something we could buy separately. I'm not totally convinced the fizz is not a trick of my mind, though.

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I think the fizz comes from the PG/VG some vendors use. I don't know where they buy it but maybe try a search for a carbonated base liquid? There was a place that sent me a bottle of a vanilla cupcake flavored juice that had that fizzy type of feel to it. If you'd like to PM me I can give you the name of the ejuice vendor. I have only tried the one flavor from them so I don't know if all of their juices are like that so just in case wouldn't want to label them as a "fizzy" tasting vendor ha.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread