Flavor Ban Question Re: Mailing Juice/supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaz2099

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
New York
I posted in the NY section but it seems dead in there.

It seems the current flavor ban forbids buying and selling in and with NY, but what about just mailing to NY? Meaning, can a cousin out in LA or wherever that hasn't banned flavors send me stuff (specifically, e-juices, not pods) since I'm not his customer?

Is there any alternative, like buying diy supplies and mixing my own? Essentially, how broad is this flavor ban?

Thanks.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There is no ban on a family member or friend purchasing you a legal item and shipping it through the mail TO you and it crossing state lines, not federal lines, I think. I mean if it was intercepted on the border and it was oh, I don't know illegal opiates that would be one thing. However, I don't think they have trained USPS drug sniffing dogs to ferret out flavors yet (although I'm not actually certain about uh, how far NY has gotten I put nothing past it.) Since it is not yet illegal to possess nicotine base, for example, in New York it is not illegal to receive it from a private party.

However, nicotine base is in fact considered a "tobacco product" and those cannot be sent via USPS (technically) so you may want to use a private Carrier like FedEx or UPS or whatnot. I think it's still unkosher you just would be less likely to get caught (plenty of innocuous liquids go places by private carrier) and you'd be less likely to be fined/caned/whipped in the village square as an example.

Do it (the nic part) soon and do it ENOUGH. It's only going to get harder. The flavors and stuff, they can't do anything to you and PG and VG are used in TONS of things.

Good luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread