Flavor West Vanilla cupcake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Well i mixed up a batch based on the link Donnah supplied. Its good and true to the hagen daiz cake ice cream but not really the flavor i was looking for exactly. Mixed up the same recipe using TPA Vanilla custard and caramel, i like the custard flavor a bit more, its ..i dunno..fresher seeming. But the caramel original from TPA really didnt give it enough i dont think to push it into cake batter territory. Hmmm. Think i'll buy a bottle of flavor west and capella cupcake and compare :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
you might want to let the stuff you just mixed sit for a few days... most all of my diy juices taste better with age. The last of my bottles never taste like they did when I first mixed them.

Very valid point that I agree with. I don't even taste my DIY creations until the next day but they get better after a few days IMO.

I do think that that Capellas may be just what you are looking for though. It taste just like licking the spatula that just scraped the yellow cake batter from the bowl. OK I am going to have to make some in the morning LOL

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I have the HUGE bottle that I bought directly from Flavor West. Just opening the bottle, smells like cake, haven't mixed it with anything yet, but I'll give it a shot & let you know. I am thinking i'll add some "butter" flavoring when I get it in the mail. I forget which la or pa.
vaporite is my fav cake batter juice & it tastes like there is some "butter" in it.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
I have the HUGE bottle that I bought directly from Flavor West. Just opening the bottle, smells like cake, haven't mixed it with anything yet, but I'll give it a shot & let you know. I am thinking i'll add some "butter" flavoring when I get it in the mail. I forget which la or pa.
vaporite is my fav cake batter juice & it tastes like there is some "butter" in it.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the mixed juice!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
it tastes like cake batter..........just not very strong. Maybe I need to increase the flavoring.
I measure in ML

so I put 1ml VG in with .5ml of the flavorwest vanilla cupcake.......nothing, added 0.1ml butter from TPA, nothing, added another 0.1ml of the vanilla cupcake, nothing.

It's not that there is NOTHING, I guess I just like my vapes with really strong flavor.
I even let my husband (never smoker/non vapor) try it. He said he could taste cupcake, but subtle.

Then I tried the "batter cake" concentrate from voidmist .5ml to 1ml VG and nothing, added 0.1 of flavorwest's vanilla cupcake & it still wasn't strong enough.

GitMoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Illy Philly
FW is gross- it is mixed at 33% (yeah, I said 33%).

I just got Capella's in and am experimenting at 18%. Does anyone have the percentage down-pat?

Thanks!

I've been trying some Flavor West stuff over the last few weeks and you're right about it needing a really high percentage. I like my LA and most TPA flavors at 15-20% but this FW stuff is FLAT and requires a much higher percentage to get a good flavor. I've been trying to make this Vanilla Cupcake from FW to work. Im almost there but its been a fight for sure...

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
FW flavors are between 25-50%.
I also use my PA / LO / Capella flavors at 15-20%.
FA is usually between 5-10%.

Just found the Capella's flavor strength over on the Cupcake thread- it's good at 20%.

And to the person that said no steeping necessary- FALSE - it depends on the flavor concentrate you are using. Vanilla's, Caramel's, and Tobacco's need at least 1 week to develop.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
I have gummie bear, double dutch, chocolate mint, and sugar cookie samples from FW. The gummie bear i can easily get away with 5%, the double dutch the same. The chocolate mint tastes really watered down, so that probably needs a concentration i'm not willing to go to. The sugar cookie i'm still not sure about. Sucks that the vanilla cupcake needs so much :( boo.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
FW flavors are between 25-50%.
I also use my PA / LO / Capella flavors at 15-20%.
FA is usually between 5-10%.

Just found the Capella's flavor strength over on the Cupcake thread- it's good at 20%.

And to the person that said no steeping necessary- FALSE - it depends on the flavor concentrate you are using. Vanilla's, Caramel's, and Tobacco's need at least 1 week to develop.

I dunno if i am the one that said no steeping is necessary... but I did say i dont vape more then 1 ml's a day, so i mix my juice daily and dont steep. If it doesnt taste good the day i make it i move on. I rarely mix juices more then 4ML at a time.

But i do agree, vanilla's like TPA french vanilla does need time to reach its full potential. One thing i dislike most about steeping tho is if it is a mixture of flavors by the time a week goes by i notice some some of the flavors start loosing potency while the others get stronger. Fruit flavors disappear quickly for me.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
i probably should have let it set overnight, as i vaped with the same atty this am, & it didn't taste too bad. ............
i'm gonna give it a shot with stronger flavor ratio this evening.

i've been using capellas for years to flavor my oatmeal & slimfast, haha I never thought to use that stuff to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread