Flavoring Concentrates ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
I just received my first order of nic base, pg and vg with two flavorings - Hangsen Deluxe menthol and Flavor Apprentice Creme de Menthe. I am not able to find any information on the makeup of these flavorings or recommended percentages to start with. Might anyone know if these flavorings contain PG or VG ? In scouring the net I see flavoring recommendations from 3% to as high as 15%
Have any thoughts on where to start with these two flavors ?

Many Thanks in advance. ;)

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Thanks lobo- Dave does a great job with his videos. I really like his video on the coil rebuild using a machine screw and beading needle.
From the viscosity of these flavoring I thought it was a PG base and Dave confirmed this on the TFA. He uses a 10% flavoring mix for his fruits mixes. This is good to know. I have read those people that mix their own menthol using the dissolved crystasl use a much lower percentage. Menthol seems to be a pretty strong essence, so I am wondering how the mint and menthol flavorings typically compare to the crystal mix. I think I will start at about 5% and see how it goes.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
10% mixing is a good starting point but keep in mind that all flavor concentrates are not created equal, and neither are taste buds. Always mix up a small batch first, 1-2ml max, and test it. That way you will know if you need to adjust your flavorings up or down based on your taste preference, and you won't waste a big batch of juice that didn't come out right.

I have been DIY for over two years, and I almost never go below 20% flavoring ... coffee flavors, M-type tobacco, and Acetyl P being the only exceptions for me.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
Nikkita6- thx What are your thoughts on menthol/mint being a very strong flavors and go easy on it ? I was thinking a 5 ml batch but I'll start smaller. I guess if a guy has to add a few ml of flavoring to a single flavor recipe the worst that happens is the overall pg/vg ratio changes slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread