Flavors and your Taste Buds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bghouse

Oct 25, 2008
California, USA
I've been reading a lot of people's comments on flavors, and although I've tried a few I find most I can't really taste much flavor with.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm just start e-cigs, and still haven't switched completely. I know everyone says smoking real cigs affects your tastebuds - so I wonder if that's why things taste so weak to me.

The only flavor doing it for me right now is RY4. That I can taste, and smell - making me very happy. But others, even just plain vanilla I can barely taste.

Did you find the e-juice flavors getting stronger the more you smoked them?

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
lots of flavours are quite subtle,but i can certainly taste them much more now than when i started exclusively esmoking...

i think this is a combination of improved taste buds and sense of smell,and also much improved eliquid...

when i started eliquid was bad in comparison to how it is now...believe it or not,we've never had it so good...

just experiment with a few flavours...cigar,heavy shag,french pipe,ry4 are all quite popular...but you might like to mix them up-or others-to find your taste...

some people use menthol crystals to give their menthol a kick...some people add PG based bickfords or lorann flavourings to eliquid...

give it time,and experiment a little,and youll find other flavours you appreciate...and check out the forum for eliquid flavour and supplier feedback...

Marvelbeast

Oct 14, 2008
UK
I'm still really new to e-cigs but I've tried 3 flavours and even was cocky enough to make my own :)

I had a tiny amount of Totally wicked Marlboro flavour and I added some TSR almond food flavouring (PG based) and it worked out well.

Since quitting real fags I can taste loads of different flavours in food. I've always loved fresh coffee and recently I've loved it even more. It has loads of extra tastes and after tastes now! The almond/marlboro and plain marlboro flavours have been even better with a good cup of fresh coffee. Almost like they were made for each other.

I might get some coffee e-liquid next to see how that goes with drinking it at the same time (the coffee, not the e-liquid)

Mommyshann

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
Florida, USA
I'm still really new to e-cigs but I've tried 3 flavours and even was cocky enough to make my own :)

I had a tiny amount of Totally wicked Marlboro flavour and I added some TSR almond food flavouring (PG based) and it worked out well.

Since quitting real fags I can taste loads of different flavours in food. I've always loved fresh coffee and recently I've loved it even more. It has loads of extra tastes and after tastes now! The almond/marlboro and plain marlboro flavours have been even better with a good cup of fresh coffee. Almost like they were made for each other.

I might get some coffee e-liquid next to see how that goes with drinking it at the same time (the coffee, not the e-liquid)

Marvel I must say that vaping the coffee juice while drinking coffee is truly a magnificent experience. I love coffee...truly truly love it. And first thing I do now in the morning is grab my cup of coffee and my coffee liquid and vape and drink away. It's now my all day/every day liquid because I drink coffee all day everyday. It's also fantastic after a meal or following any desert. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread