Flavors for starting diy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I was going to order an assortment of flavors for mixing up juices.
    Is there flavors that are used more often than others?
    I would like to try fruit flavors and some vanilla bean/creamy/Carmel/ and maybe cinnamon roll.
    I realize I may have get 20+ flavors but if someone could list brand and flavors it would help me get started.
    I get my tobacco flavors from HHV or I extract myself so tobacco flavors I’m not really needing at this time.

Reactions: stols001

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I was going to order an assortment of flavors for mixing up juices.
    Is there flavors that are used more often than others?
    I would like to try fruit flavors and some vanilla bean/creamy/Carmel/ and maybe cinnamon roll.
    I realize I may have get 20+ flavors but if someone could list brand and flavors it would help me get started.
    I get my tobacco flavors from HHV or I extract myself so tobacco flavors I’m not really needing at this time.
    I wanted to add that Id like to make a grape,strawberry and a mango flavored juice.
    Then a cream such as vanilla bean,banana,touch of Carmel,cinnamon,etc...
    I’ve read enough to realize it may take several brands,flavors and perhaps some sweetners to start the journey.
    I think something simple like a flavor on inhale and one to compliment it on the exhale would be a great start.
    Should I maybe start with fruit flavors only??

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    You've got some work to do. lol.

I'll say right off get some TPA Banana Nut Bread and CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl. Can't go wrong, great single flavors. I think FA Fuji Apple is awesome to mix with Danish. Like most of us, you need to go to a good recipe site (ELR) and find a few highly rated mixes. As well, go to a decent seller that has lots of reviews (Bull City Flavors) and do some comparisons. Good luck :).

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I vape mostly unflavored, or lightly flavored. But there's something I've been thinking I'll try, for your consideration. Some places sell what they call flavor shots. They're premixed flavor concentrates.
    E-Juice Flavor Shots Explained - Mt Baker Vapor
    It seems they attempt the complexity of commercially produced eLiquids in 'one bottle' flavor concentrates.
    Unless you're just into creativity, as many are, it might be something for you to check out.
    Of course, even then you can be creative by combining flavor shots.
    ------------------------
    One Shot Flavor Concentrates for eLiquid
    Flavor Shots Vape Juice | Mt Baker Vapor
    One Shot Concentrates
    Boss Shots | Flavour Boss

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    I tried 25% and it was either too much or steeping is needed.

I haven't got my first diy order yet (tomorrow) but 25% sounds like WAY too much flavor. All the recipes I've looked at cap out at 10%. I plan on going with about 5% and go from there. Good luck in your recipes - I just ordered flavors I think I will like, mostly fruits.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I haven't got my first diy order yet (tomorrow) but 25% sounds like WAY too much flavor. All the recipes I've looked at cap out at 10%. I plan on going with about 5% and go from there. Good luck in your recipes - I just ordered flavors I think I will like, mostly fruits.
    M m P recommend 25% and I tried a few that way but it was too much for me.
    I think your right and 25% is too much but it’s nice they make it strong and I hope they continue.
    I mixed them all up as 25% in pure Vg to start the steeping process then start trying different percentages.

Reactions: DLKnives

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    So far I’m fairly happy with M & P concentrates.
    I tried 25% and it was either too much or steeping is needed.

I went down to 15% and much much better.
    It’s a great way to start mixing flavors and it’s definitely less expensive than ready to vape juices.

One shot concentrates really make diy easy and almost guarantee a good result. Have a look at this UK site, they have a ton of one shot concentrates. Shipping to the USA is $6
    One Shots - Page 1 - Chefs Flavours LTD

Use code TheKitchen for 15% off

Reactions: Robbert

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Just keep in mind that the commercial juice you are used to, will have flavour percentages of 15-20+%. For a mix, aim between 10-15% total. Most of my mixes are 11-12%

Reactions: DLKnives

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Just keep in mind that the commercial juice you are used to, will have flavour percentages of 15-20+%. For a mix, aim between 10-15% total. Most of my mixes are 11-12%
    For M n P your mixing at 11-12%?
    I’m trying 20%
    Really down to 5-10%?A 10ml bottle of juice in 90ml of vg/pg?
    Down to 5% your getting 200ml of ready to vape juice?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I’m trying 20%

Most start diy at higher percentages and gradually reduce as they become accustomed to diy mixes. Kind of like coming off the smokes and you needed strong flavors, very similar experience coming off commercial juice. Mix what works for you period.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I’m trying 20%

No, sorry I wasn't referring to Mamas N Papas one shots, but to using diy flavours in a mix.

• Love
    Reactions: Letitia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread