Status
Not open for further replies.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I've been searching the forum for quite a while now, and I can't find a satisfactory answer
to my questions.

I want to know exactly what Flavour Art smooth flavor concentrate does and how well it
really works. I tried it alone with some nic base, and I couldn't taste anything or tell any
difference. I've put it in some tobacco flavors I made, and I can't tell with those, either.

Does it actually smooth off the rough edges in the flavor? Is it supposed to have its own
flavor? What percentage is best for it? Will it take the perfumey taste out of a tobacco
flavor? Can you use it in all flavors - tobacco, fruit, desserts, etc? Can you think of any
question I didn't ask but need to know the answer to? Do you like gladiator movies? :)

I appreciate any help. I didn't realize I was ......ed until I started DIY. OK, I did, but I
didn't know how much :)

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Ah, i don't know that one from The Flavor Apprentice so i can't help you there.
The description sounds familiar though. You might want to have a look at the site of Flavour Art and look there for MTS Vape Wizard and other additives to smooth out flavor. Maybe you'll find interesting information there.

Yeah, I've seen those. For now, I need to figure out the one I have. Thanks for trying.

Next?

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
Ive tried it once... But shelved it because I wasnt comfortable with Triacetin. Any way, it added a slight sweetness and blended the sharp notes with the background. Which made the body of the flavor slightly more noticeable. I used it in a fruit flavored tobacco blend at 1%.

Maybe at a higher level I would have noticed its benefit. Sorry I cant provide more info. I am currious to see what other people think of it.

Edit: Smooth by Flavor Apprentice

Last edited:

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Ive tried it once... But shelved it because I wasnt comfortable with Triacetin. Any way, it added a slight sweetness and blended the sharp notes with the background. Which made the body of the flavor slightly more noticeable. I used it in a fruit flavored tobacco blend at 1%.

Maybe at a higher level I would have noticed its benefit. Sorry I cant provide more info. I am currious to see what other people think of it.

You tried which one?

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Have you used it?

I haven't used Magic Mask. If I'm remembering right, Hoosier gave it the thumbs down
on his DIY blog - so I've ignored it.

I haven't used it yet. I will mix up some tomorrow and let you know how it goes. :)

I'm just mixing a basic peach and want something so it's not so in your face peachy without being too sweet.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I haven't used it yet. I will mix up some tomorrow and let you know how it goes. :)

I'm just mixing a basic peach and want something so it's not so in your face peachy without being too sweet.

Hey, that would be great. I'm reading the thread that was linked above, and it seems like I
need to get some Vape Wizard. Of course, that doesn't answer my question about the
Smooth Flavor Concentrate.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Right. So have you used either product - Smoother or Mask?

I have used magic mask and it does seem to possibly change the PH in some flavors making them a little less bitter IMO Not enough of a difference for me to keep using it but there was a slight difference.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I have used magic mask and it does seem to possibly change the PH in some flavors making them a little less bitter IMO Not enough of a difference for me to keep using it but there was a slight difference.

Thanks.

So far, I don't get too much bitter, but I get that perfume thing from tobacco concentrates.
I know to use less, but they seem to either be lower percentage with no flavor, or higher
percentage with perfume - and no in between. You would think over a month of steeping
would tame them a little - you know?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I did find this on Magic Mask. Maybe it will help you.

Reduce the acid perception without modifying the pH. pH is one of the key factors involved in food stability. In order to reduce the pH, a small amount of organic acid must be added to the food preparation (i.e. citric, malic, tartaric acid). In most cases the addition of food acid is beneficial both for microbiological stability and taste ( just think to an lemon or cola drink, they must be acid to be good ). However, some other foods might require food acid for microbiological safety BUT the acid taste does not complement well ( a light cheese, a sauce as example ). In this cases, the use of Magic Mask can be of help. Magic Mask does not buffer the pH, nor alter it. Magic Mask acts at the tongue receptors level, temporarily reducing the acid perception, thus improving the overall mouth feel. Its action last 5-8 seconds and involve only the acid receptors. Recommended dosage is 1 up to 3 grams for Kg food. When comparing products with and without Magic Mask, the food with Magic Mask must be tasted as second. Give it a try.

So, it may be that it was the acidic part of the flavor was reduced and not the bitter as I originally stated.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I did find this on Magic Mask. Maybe it will help you.

So, it may be that it was the acidic part of the flavor was reduced and not the bitter as I originally stated.

That's interesting. It would be even more interesting to test as the articles suggests.
I'm gonna put this in my notes. I keep track of everything I learn about this stuff.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread