Flavour danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
Hello fellow long term vapers. :thumbs:

I quit smoking via vaping in 2009 after my lungs were declared shot by a doctor who diagnosed early emphysema. Although lung function restoration is not possible where serious damage has occurred, my lungs improved radically where damage was not irreversible.

I have vaped happily ever since (mouth-to-lung, ending off with a pen-style JustFog device). I trialled Direct-to-Lung and low resistance cloud-chasing devices but my lungs screamed out a warning message that this was very dangerous and they would not tolerate it. :danger:

I had been using the same Vanilla flavouring throughout but Covid19 apparently knocked out the manufacturer and I trialled many samples of other flavours, including Vanillas, some fried my atomisers almost instantly, but ALL resulted in my lungs objecting and me waking up during the night unable to breath.

Not able to let go of my Nicotine, I was forced to go flavourless. The advantages are that my atomisers can be cleaned periodically and last much longer and my lungs don't complain. On the downside, the taste is not great at all.

So, are there any flavourings out there that are proven to be very safe and won't irritate, particularly in the case of old and damaged lungs? :eek::)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello fellow long term vapers. :thumbs:

So, are there any flavourings out there that are proven to be very safe and won't irritate, particularly in the case of old and damaged lungs? :eek::)
Hi,
No, unflavored is the way to go.

Are you using salt nicotine or freebase?
What is the VG/PG ratio?
What device are you using and with which topper and which coils?
How many ml of liquid; and at what nicotine level, are you vaping per day?
Please explain "my atomisers can be cleaned periodically". Are you attempting to reuse/recycle DISPOSABLE, one-time use coils with a "cleaning" procedure?

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello fellow long term vapers.

Paracelsus, the founder of Toxicology, famously stated that "Sola dosis facit venenum" (Only the dose makes the poison)

So instead of All or Nothing, you might try this.

Take a New Coil and Prime the Wick using a Flavored e-Liquid. But then Fill your Tank or RTA or Squonk Bottle with Unflavored.

I think you will be Amazed at How Much Flavor you will get. But you will be Inhaling a Fraction of the Flavorings/Sweeteners you normally would.

Perhaps this will give you the Flavor you Want. But Not the Irritation you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread