Flavour percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
Perhaps maybe by a quarter to a third less.

What are you making?
Ohh ok. Well my very first mix i had to dilute by a good bit to get normal the others were fine though could have done with a small bit of sweetener. I usually like desserts. i have a few ordered in to make a few flavours. Like caramel brown sugar brulee things like that

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
These ratings are for stand alone.
Find a recipe you like and use the recommended percentages.
I want to create my own recipe. But ofcourse i don't want to risk over using flavours. I am fairly new at eliquids but not new to creating my own recipes for desserts

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I find the recommended flavors are usually way too high for my likes. But that is just me and you might like it. It is for standalone use the recommend %. Anything in 10 to 15% is probably too much unless it is a very weak flavor.

A lot of the flavor % depends on what you are using to vape the juice you make. A low volume MTL usually needs more flavoring. A high Vapor Volume device much less.

I usually end up with 3 or 7% depending on the specific flavor, with a few at 2% or less because they are strong flavors.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I want to create my own recipe. But ofcourse i don't want to risk over using flavours. I am fairly new at eliquids but not new to creating my own recipes for desserts

Mix a very small batch like 10 ML with starting with half the recommended amount. Let it sit a few days and try it for taste. Will give you an idea where to go from there. It is a trial and error to mix with flavors and it is best to see what they taste like alone before getting into complex multi-flavor mixes

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Ohh ok. Well my very first mix i had to dilute by a good bit to get normal the others were fine though could have done with a small bit of sweetener. I usually like desserts. i have a few ordered in to make a few flavours. Like caramel brown sugar brulee things like that
    Sounds up my alley. I tend to avoid sweeteners, but that's okay. What are the three main flavorings?

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Well my very first mix i had to dilute by a good bit to get normal the others were fine though could have done with a small bit of sweetener. I usually like desserts. i have a few ordered in to make a few flavours
    I'll just give you a few tips I wish I had gotten in the beginning.
    Buy the smallest volumes of concentrates till you know it's a good one.
    Research and notes. Just because it says something on the label might not be what your taste buds taste.
    I have many different Strawberries and many taste different between mfgrs.
    Write notes on how it tastes after a day, 4 days, a week.
    Look at what you made. You should have a good idea of what you need more or less of in the future.

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
    Ireland
    My main flavours if not black note tobacco would be brown sugar cinnamon. With brulee. Or brown sugar with caramel or brown sugar with maple pecan and butter pecan. I am very limited in what i have interest in so there is plenty of room for trial and error. I have been successful with the mixes i have done. Like they could do with being sweeter but the idea of their flavours were correct. But now i was thinking to myself if i put in less when i use other flavours like a 3 mix because it would become overrun with flavour concentrate that is pg.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    My main flavours if not black note tobacco would be brown sugar cinnamon. With brulee. Or brown sugar with caramel or brown sugar with maple pecan and butter pecan. I am very limited in what i have interest in so there is plenty of room for trial and error. I have been successful with the mixes i have done. Like they could do with being sweeter but the idea of their flavours were correct. But now i was thinking to myself if i put in less when i use other flavours like a 3 mix because it would become overrun with flavour concentrate that is pg.
    I agree. I try to find the minimum percentage I can taste and choose to increase if necessary. I try to use percentages to bring out the flavors among the secondaries and so forth. If cream is highlighted, I tend to use a higher percentage of cream and less of others in a mix.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread