Floating 510 connection help !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_808

Feb 3, 2014
Honolulu,Hawaii
Hey Guys so i just bought a Fuhattan carbon copper mod and its hella sick BUT......... I don't know if i got a faulty floating rubber piece or what ?!?! I say this because the first time i put my atty on, the rubber piece moved down and it sat flush with mod. But after taking the atty out then trying to put it back in again it doesn't sit flush. The contact pin goes up and down but the rubber slider holding the pin doesn't even move anymore. I'm still getting a connection but it has like a 1/4 inch gap and is very annoying. everything else with the mod besides this is EXCELLENT this mod hits harder than Floyd Mayweather Jr. lol .... but
PLEASE let me know if you got any idea whats going on with the floating piece!! ( i tried to lightly tap the atty with a hammer to see if i can just force it down a tad but no luck) :(

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
well i didn't measure the gap exactly i just said 1/4 lol its a pretty noticeable gap though...... and for it not sitting flush i have no idea because the first time i put my atty on, it sat flush , took it off now it doesn't sit flush haha well if its not supposed to sit flush i guess it works fine lol

I hear ya Nick. Let's try to get a handle on that 1/4". How many turns of the 510 screw do you get from start till the atty is snug? I just tried that with two of my attys and both came in around 2 1/2 full turns.

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
You're gonna want to play around with adjusting that top pin, switching it for the others, etc until you find a way you like. The way I do it is attach the atty to the top post all the way, screw in the pin, back out the atty just a little, then screw the pin in a touch more and put the atty back down. Gives me a nice snug connection and I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread