Flooded Coils & Air Flows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are flooded coils/air flows just part and parcel of vaping?

It seems to happen to me often no matter how I refill the tank...and I never over fill.

After a few light pulls, and a couple of spats of liquid, it tends to clear itself up. Just wondered if this is normal or if it's something I'm doing.

I just use a regular top fill pen.

Hi Eskie,

It's a Kanger Evod Pro V2, it's got a 0.50 Ohm CLOCC coil in it, and I'm using Dinner Lady e-liquid (70% VG).

Overall it works really well. This is just a small gripe about it as you do get a couple of spits right after you refill it, but once it's clear it's completely fine.

It's got a top adjustable air-flow if that makes any difference too.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Not saying it should happen, but one or two wet draws right after refill isn't all that unusual, especially with the absence of juice control. On some tanks/coils with bottom airflow you can sometimes clear them by blowing in with a Kleenex around the bottom airflow to catch any excess drops rather than first taking a draw, but that won't work with top airflow.

Try this. Take a paper towel and roll one corner into a point, sort of like a Q Tip. Slide it down the mouthpiece into the chimney and spin it. That can help get any condensation/liquid in the chimney out, and at least reduce the amount of liquid juice in the chimney.

Reactions: VapedUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread