Florida Fox affiliate... balance, with slight tilt to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com
On the whole, this piece works out to good coverage, with more good than propaganda.

Medical marvel or deadly device: e-cigarettes debunked - WFTX-TV Fort Myers/Naples, FL

Interesting part is that Naple Vapor (b&m) has a free-starter kit program.

The AHA pulls the "wild wild west" line and the children PS.

What forced me to hit the comment button was this lie:
“The total amount of nicotine that’s present in the e-cigarette refills could be fatal if swallowed by a child,” says Dr. Bhatnagar.

First thing in my verbose comment was to call him out on it. Challenged him to cite one instance of death by nicotine ingestion in all of history. I believe I'm pretty safe with that one ;)

I offered lots & lots of links to the most powerful stuff in our arsenal:

Sidebar: not sure if the link needs to be broken... can break if needed...

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
As I read these comments I am always amazed that my doctors (Primary Care, Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist) are all trilled that I stopped smoking and am vaping. Are they totally and completely safe, I doubt it; but neither is crossing the street. The local B&M where I got my first set up and started vaping is owned by a Doctor!!

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit
customcabinetsbycasey.com
Nice comment, Scott.

Thanks Doc

I've been trying to incorporate the "protect smoking", educate with links, 0 harm to others / harm reduction for us, and freedom of choice elements.

Probably why my comments always end up so "War & Peace"-like in length :lol:

I always feel it's worth the effort if it catches the attention of even 1 person sitting on the 'fence'.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
As I read these comments I am always amazed that my doctors (Primary Care, Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist) are all trilled that I stopped smoking and am vaping. Are they totally and completely safe, I doubt it; but neither is crossing the street. The local B&M where I got my first set up and started vaping is owned by a Doctor!!
No need to be surprised...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/120181-did-your-doctor-approve-your-vaping.html

Doctors generally support vaping, because they actually care about people and their health.
Those that don't should be called into question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread