Fluxomizer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexey

May 13, 2011
CO
Last night I opened a new pack of Fluxomizers and filled one hooked it up to my mega ego battery and the light started flashing and got real hot. I didn't know what was going on but I had been vaping with that battery all day so I figured maybe it needed to be charged. I got another ego battery that was fully charged, screwed the flux on it and hit the button and it started smoking!
I've been buying the fluxomizers for a few months now and have never had a problem like this.
Any thoughts on why this flux fried $45.00 worth of ego batteries?

Last edited:

Lexey

May 13, 2011
CO
I really like them they work great for me. I started taking the plug out that is next to the element and only putting the little ring back in. They wick way better that way.
Do you think the whole pack is defective or just the one. I'm afraid to use any out of this pack now.
What do you use? I don't like the T-tanks, or the Sapphire they do not wick right.

Lexey

May 13, 2011
CO
I can't look at it now because after it fried my two batteries I threw it away so it wouldn't get mixed up with my other ones and fry my last battery!
Could you explain in more detail about the bottom post and conductor? I'm not very good with all the tech terms. What should I look out for in the future so it doesn't happen again, now I'm paranoid! lol
I got two new batteries and one pass through on the way but they won't be here until Thursday or Friday, It's going to be so hard using only one battery until then. This is an ego but it's not a mega, it's the little short one and doesn't last long!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I use an E-Power which is a 3.7V device and I use the Ressurector cartos in a 3.5ml carto tank.

The Ressurectors are awesome and give a great vape. They are designed for 3.7V PVs, but they will work on an eGo. They dont run at full potential on an eGo, since the eGo is only 3.3-3.4V, but they still work well, and a lot of people that use an eGo love the Ressurectors. They dont leak and last a long time.
The Ressurectors hold a little over 2ml of juice so they last a long time without needing a refill. I used the Ressurectors by themselves for quite awhile when I started vaping and they still lasted quite a while, even not in a tank. Now I use the in a Smoktech 3.5ml tank so they last even longer. They work great in a tank and produce a ton of vapor with really good flavor.
I like the Smoktech 3.5ml tank bc its cheap and works really well. Smoktech does make a bigger 6ml tank, but personally I think they look weird on an eGo/E-Power/kGo sized PV, and make the PV really top-heavy. The 3.5ml tank is perfect for eGo/E-power sized PVs and is about the same diameter as the battery tube so it looks nice and doesnt make the PV top heavy.

Heres a picture of my E-Power: photo2.jpg photo3.jpg

The first picture is a Ressurector by itself, and the second picture is of a Ressurector in the 3.5ml tank.
I like the 3.5ml tank bc I can fill it in the morning and not need a refill all day, yet its still small enough that I can easily carry my E-Power with the tank on it in my pocket. I also really like the SMoktech tanks bc you can get cartos for it that have a metal base on them. You dont necessarily have to use a carto with the metal base, but they are nice bc it stops the tank from being able to slide down. The Smoktech tanks are a dual coil tank, but that doesnt mean you have to use a dual coil carto. The tank comes with a pre-punched dual coil carto in it, but personally I think dual coils suck at lower voltages so I took it out and didnt use it. The Ressurector cartos are the same size as a dual coil carto, so they fit perfectly in the tank, and I think they work a LOT better than any dual coil does. Plus since the Ressurectors are single coil, they dont drain your battery like a dual coil does.

Crystal Clear Vaping (CCV) sells the Ressurector cartos for a great price and they have free shipping. I would def try them bc I think youll really like them a lot, and if you buy a 15-pack you get a free drip tip. I would def try them.

And if you do decide you really like them and want to go even longer without needing to refill, CCV also sells the Smoktech tanks. You can get a 3.5ml tank for only $10.50 and it comes with a pre-punched carto in it and a drip tip which makes it an even better deal. CCV also sells pre-punched Ressurectors for the Smoktech tanks and they have the metal base on them like the carto that comes with the tank.
I would def try the Ressurectors bc I think youll really like them. Even just a 5-pack would be a good way to try them since the shipping is free and then you could always buy a 15-pack and/or a tank later.
It does depend on what juices your using, but when I didnt use them in a tank I would get on avg 1-3 weeks with one Ressurector. Now using them in a tank they last even longer and I get about 2-4 weeks from one.
They work awesome and for the price and how long they can last, their def a great deal.
If you do order from CCV, dont forget to put in "ecf5off" bc youll get 5% off the order

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I just called Andrew bc I didnt think that was right since I know he was getting in a huge order or cartos and I was right. He does have them in stock and he just fixed it on the site. So now it does say they are in-stock and you can order them if youd like. They come in black, SS, or clear. I recommend getting the black or SS. The clear ones are nice bc you can see the juice inside and make sure you they are filled correctly, but they also arnt as durable as the black or SS ones. The plastic tube of the clear ones can crack which can cause them to leak. The black and SS ones are metal and they hold up really well. Ive never had one that leaked or came apart. I prefer the SS ones bc I use the then in the 3.5ml tank, but the black ones are fine too. The bkack ones just have a sticker on them. If you are planning on maybe getting a tank at some point, I would def get the SS ones, bc if you get the black you have to peel off the sticker and get all the adhesive off the carto that holds on the sticker.
Goodluck with it and let me know how you like them!

chinsk

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
I can't look at it now because after it fried my two batteries I threw it away so it wouldn't get mixed up with my other ones and fry my last battery!
Could you explain in more detail about the bottom post and conductor? I'm not very good with all the tech terms. What should I look out for in the future so it doesn't happen again, now I'm paranoid! lol
I got two new batteries and one pass through on the way but they won't be here until Thursday or Friday, It's going to be so hard using only one battery until then. This is an ego but it's not a mega, it's the little short one and doesn't last long!

If you look at the bottom "screw in" part of the cart you will see the center post that has what looks like a flat head screw driver slot in it. If that touches the outside threaded part it can cause a short. From what I can see, the only thing holding it in is a rubber seal and it does have a tendency to move when you take out the cup seal, do normal cleaning, etc. I just double check it every time I do a cleaning or refill to make sure I didnt move it. Most of the time I end up pushing it out a little bit when reseating the seal, but it typically pushes back in no problem. You just want to make sure that guy is always on center.

Also, if you haven't seen this thread, I recommend to check it out. The videos are actually really helpful. I personally use the trick where I toss that PITA cup seal and just flip over the inner seal.

Lexey

May 13, 2011
CO
Chinsk, thank you for explaining it to me. Do you think that is what caused my batteries to short out? Now I feel like digging through the trash and see if I can find it. I am really curious if the screw in part was touching the outside thread part.
I'm really going to make sure it's lined up from now , those ego batteries are pricey for sure.
Thanks for the link I'll check the thread out and watch the videos.
Which one is the PITA cup seal, is that the little rubber ring that comes out easy? The inner seal is that the one that you have to to pry out?

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
It is worthwhile to go to a hardware store and get a multimeter. You can get one for about $10 and then you can easily check your cartos for shorts. It can also be used to verify the ohms of cartos. They aren't always what they are supposed to be. It also pays to check your charger and batteries once in a while.

Lexey

May 13, 2011
CO
It is worthwhile to go to a hardware store and get a multimeter. You can get one for about $10 and then you can easily check your cartos for shorts. It can also be used to verify the ohms of cartos. They aren't always what they are supposed to be. It also pays to check your charger and batteries once in a while.
I'll check with my husband and see if he has one of those.
How can you tell if it has a short in it by using one of those meter things?

chinsk

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012

+1 Agreed 100%. I am a EE by degree so I have a couple of these laying around anyway. I find myself regularly checking the resistance of new carts and the voltage on my batteries. Definitely useful for a sanity check, also identified some mis-labelled cartos this way.

chinsk

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
I'll check with my husband and see if he has one of those.
How can you tell if it has a short in it by using one of those meter things?

Most multimeters have a resistance/continuity measurement setting. With the probes, put one on each conductor (one on the metal of the inside post, one on the metal of the threaded part), and see if you are measuring the resistance you are expecting. The resistance should match what the advertised values are when you ordered, for instance my ce2s are ~2.6 ohms. On all my meters a short would read 0 ohms, you can verify what a short reading is on your meter by simply touching the two leads together and seeing what is displayed on the readout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread