Travel and Vaping Flying - Eliquid Packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
I'm flying soon from UK to Portugal. I'm aware I must take batteries in hand luggage, and my clearos empty, but it is best to take my eliquids in their original bottles with ingredients listed and a warning that it is poisonous, or should I decant them into plain, unlabelled bottles? Would my eliquid be OK in my checked baggage, or could it be affected by pressure changes or freezing?

How many ego batteries can I take without looking like a terrorist? Would 4 be OK , or should I stick to just 2?
Do batteries need to be packed in a particular way?

I'm only away for the weekend, but don't want to risk going back to smoking!

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
Not familiar with Portugal, but I do stop over at Heathrow quite often, no problems so far. I put my eliquids in a sealed ziplock bag, in small bottles of 30cc or less as it is required with all liquids and never had a problem.
4 ego batteries should not be a problem, any laptop have way more battery capacity than 4 egos, but always check your local regulations just in case.
A couple weeks ago I traveled from Munich to Heathrow, heading back to the US, the German police detected my shark DNA30 and provary plus 2 PTs and a Kayfun inside my carry on bag with the xray, they knew it was ecigarettes but asked me to show it to them anywasy, I did as they asked and that was it, no problem.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
Thanks JaRod,

I've actually been and returned from Portugal 2 weeks ago now! It all went smoothly, and I wasn't tempted by the very low cost of cigarettes in Portugal!

I took 2 ego batteries and one EVOD clearo in my hand luggage, and one 5ml bottle of eliquid in a ziplock bag. One more clearo, 2 spare coils and more eliquid in my checked luggage. Security did not bat an eyelid at either end of my journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread