Folks in the US, which site(s) do you order GG stuff from, with the lowest shipping/tax prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Trying to get a TAE today but am not sure about some of the sites and their shipping, or if they'll actually have the TAE in stock.

Trying for a Matt 23mm TAE.. I noticed on gg-store.com their tax automatically adds almost $50.. currently looking at bitfumo.it and fabvape.gr but still unsure where I should try first.

I'm willing to pay whatever shipping is necessary but ideally I'd love to get the best deal I can, shipping to NY, USA.

What do you folks use or suggest?

It all hangs on if they all get the TAE in stock today as well... Money is tight but I still really want to grab one of these if I can! :p

Thanks!

Reactions: imeothanasis

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
FYI (although you may not need it anymore) it's "vapecrawler" .com and it's a separate site, and you can see pricing and availability of whatever item is linked there. It sometimes yields the lowest price, and sometimes doesn't as I believe manufacturers who may have overstock or whatnot may advertise on it, so sometimes it is extraordinarily useful, but there are still lower prices elsewhere.

Knowing NY, it may be difficult to avoid taxes at least from any US vendor, as I believe NY does everything in its power to collect as much "tax" as possible so I'm not really sure to be honest, whether or not they enforce a draconian "tax" on all vendors. I just know when I visited I had a great time except for a vague feeling that at any moment, I would be halted and asked to pay tax on the air I had breathed... :)

Anna

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Yeah the only thing is with the GG Wiki, there are no "Official" US-based GG sellers, so I'm pretty much stuck with one of the Italian or Greek sites for the most part. Especially for whoever is getting the TAE stock in today! I don't want to miss my chance to get this awesome GG atty! I'll pay what I have to, just wasn't sure if any of those were cheaper than the rest AND will have the TAE in stock today.. I just hope they don't sell out before I have a chance to purchase one!!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Reactions: imeothanasis

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
So far, in terms of these sites having an actual English option, I'm looking at bitfumo.it, fabvape.gr and gg-store.com (which I THINK is going to be more expensive).

Is it worth TRYING to checkout on a foreign site with google translating the webpage? I feel like something would go wrong...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Something might go wrong. That is true of almost any purchase, however. If that's all you can find, just make sure you use a method of payment (and I guess shipping insurance) that will give you the necessary protections in case something goes wrong, I'd say.

I've ordered from overseas sites where the translation was already THERE but not necessarily that great. But I've had things go wrong with a vendor that has been US based which is how I learned to really, really not buy from ebay on certain things...

I guess go with your gut. Good luck.

Anna

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Yeah, there is a PayPal option, but I'm also curious... were 23mm TAE's ever released before? I'm not sure why they even have stock left.. seems weird to me! They're sold out everywhere! And only the 25mm ones have been listed... any 23mm TAE I see is either a newer listing/coming soon

I could try it, but I'd love to know right away if it will work because I don't want to let a more "legit" english foreign site stock up and have me miss my chance to get the TAE.

Decisions decisions...

edit: and yeah.. I think my gut is telling me to stick with the sites that have proper English translations or English sections of their website, which brings me to those 3. Hopefully that $50 tax isn't included in all of them... not sure why the gg-store.com has that, unless it will pop up during checkout on ALL those Italian/Greek sites.. anyone know?

If gg-store.com is the first to stock up I can't say I won't buy it, even if it's $50+ more than the others... just to make sure I actually can get one... but I'm not made of money and the holiday's killed my wallet so I'd love to find the cheapest option I can!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I know I'm getting super OCD about this.. I've been a strict GG user since around 2012-2013, never had any other devices since I got my first GG equipment... very loyal and will ALWAYS go with GG... I'm just getting sweaty palms thinking about the mad rush of everyone trying to get the 23mm TAE and me missing my chance!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. I guarantee that if you "miss" your chance it will come around again, although I do understand that feeling a great deal.

You'll just... do better if you do it calmly, not impulsively... That's my advice. If I get over-excited about purchasing anything, I just remind myself if I'm supposed to have it, it will happen, and I make less impulsive choices. Not trying to offend, I've just... been there. :)

I am rooting for you though, this sounds like something you really want. :)

Anna

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Hehe thanks stols.. Definitely want this, and am anticipating the next batch of Cybrillions.. it's gonna be lovely having the 23mm Cybrillion with a 23mm TAE, both matt/matte (I love matte.. don't mind shined but have ended up custom matting some of my older shined GG stuff which actually turned out lovely)

But you're right. I just want to make sure I get it this time around.. I haven't had much luck, at least with a Cybrillion, posting in the WTB forum section as well as the FB GG classifieds section, so I'm not sure how tough it'll be to grab a 23mm matt TAE if they sell out too quick.

I'm still rocking my original Tilemahos with Esterigon and I do love it, I just really want a nice new upgraded GG kit.

I do have SO MUCH old GG stuff that I should try and sell.. I really need to go back and take inventory of what I have.. lots of unused things, hardly used things and some heavily used but great condition GG stuff... if needed I can always try an get my money back by selling off a piece or two!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
OH SNAP! They're up on shop-gg: Tilemahos Armed Eagle - The Golden Greek Store

At least the 23mm ones.

I was wrong about the ~$50 tax.. that was their default shipping rate.. I chose the 15€ shipping option instead.. also added a spare O-Ring set as well as an O-Ring set for Cybrillion so when I get mine I don't have to worry about those being in stock :)

I am relieved now :)

Time to wait for my package to arrive :p < the hardest part!

Last edited:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Ask for the US sellers in the GG suppliers thread? Good luck and great choices on your vape equipment!
I like to stick to Imeo's "Official" resellers list.. will be nice if some US vendors have other spare parts and stuff in stock, though! But I think generally they don't have the "new stuff" right away like the official vendors do, so basically have stuck with Greece/Italy shipments.
Not a problem, though.. little more shipping and more of a wait but worth it to guarantee I get what I want to get! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread