Food colouring in ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttyvaper

Jan 6, 2019
The Holiday season in my part of the world means making cakes and things which require artificial flavours. As a vaper out shopping for the stuff, of course I stopped by the flavour aisle. I was intrigued by some very cheap, three ingredient, pleasant sounding flavour (Cinnamon Apple) which I picked up and mixed into a DIY 100ml juice. I was not let down at all. Right next to the Cinnamon Apple I bought a Mixed Berry bottle for the same price, from the same company, but didn't go through with the mix because I felt uneasy about the ingredients list, which contains some weird sounding artificial colourings:

- Caramel E150D
- Carmoisine
- Brilliant Blue (no chemical name, just that)

It might just sound stupid asking about this, but as when I was starting out even propylene glycol sounded toxic, I'd love to get some input on these colourings from some more experienced vapers and mixers. My gut feeling is that it's better to stay away from this, but the flavour is pretty decent, so I'm just curious.

Thanks so much.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi nuttyvaper. Welcome to the ECF.

This is why Many/Most of the people here on the ECF recommend that you Don't Buy flavorings from Grocery Stores. Because they Many Times contain Colourants, Stabilizers, Oils, and or Bulking Agents.

I would suggest Buying Flavorings from places that sell e-Cigarette DIY Supplies.

Like... Your One Stop Shop for Flavorings, Best Prices and Best Customer Service

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My gut feeling is that it's better to stay away from this, but the flavour is pretty decent, so I'm just curious.

Your gut is right. Stay away from anything and everything that's not absolutely necessary in your eliquids. What's absolutely necessary? PG or VG or a combination of both, nicotine. Everything else is another unknown you're inhaling into your lungs. Some people (including me) believe that flavoring is also necessary and I agree. I often vape unflavored, but I do like some flavoring for many reasons. But colorings? NOPE! Stay away. They serve absolutely no purpose.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'd love to get some input on these colourings
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to stay away from non oil food grade flavorings. Water soluble concentrates is what I look for first. Could try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "water soluble concentrates" or "flavoring ingredients".
Search Results for Query: flavoring ingredients | E-Cigarette Forum
For more DIY information, might like to post in:
DIY E-Liquid

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread