Status
Not open for further replies.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
LOL. Out of curiosity & after watching several video's I decided to attempt to debridge a few of my atty's to use to testing my DIY flavors and recipes.
Out of 3atty's, I managed to completely destroy 2, and get one debridged that isn't ruined.
Guess I have some practicing to do get better at it. :blush: I'm thinking now I'd rather buy them already debrided. LOL.

To drip/test your DIY mixes, do you use debridged atty's? Pro's vs con's?

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I have debridged all my 510 attys except for two . I like it better because you get less burning hit because and not have any leaking since i use less drops right on the coil .I didnt ruin one in all of them i did . Just take a hobby knive and scrape away all the mesh over the bridge . You can press the flapping mesh against the side of the atty and pull it out from arount the edges . Next i take the point of the hobby knife and just push the bridge back and forth until its starts moving freely . When is all loose and wiggles back and forth without any force just take the hobby knife tip under the bridge and pull up and out . I kinda give it a twist to get it out so the cup stays in place . Dont hit the coil in that whole process .

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I got all that instruction from the vids. I have 901 attys atm.
I need to get some 501 atty's maybe. Every place I try to find some already debridged, they are always sold out. They must be popular.

And of course I can't locate my pointed tweezers to get down into my attys easier. Have to go raid hubby's craft room and jack his tools. LOL.

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ok, I was looking at Mad Vapes a minute ago.

Freedom Smoke USA sells regular attys, or debridged option for $1 more.
I got all of my 901's at Vapor Kings in their bulk deal.

The one 901 that I managed to get debridged will last me until I can get either 501's or 306's. So far I am liking it debridged.
Take less drops, and the flavors are popping more in mixes I have already made up, unless that's my imagination.
Seems I can switch flavors a lot better too with very little carry over flavor from one flavor juice to the next.
Is this what you all find to be true?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Take less drops, and the flavors are popping more in mixes I have already made up, unless that's my imagination.
Seems I can switch flavors a lot better too with very little carry over flavor from one flavor juice to the next.

Yepper, all the above.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
So far I am liking it debridged.

THIS! Got some 510 debridged attys for tasting. One drop, taste, blow out the excess, ignite until I taste burn, different flavor, same thing.

Debridged is definitely the way to go if you're tasting a lot of different juices...

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I bought a couple of 306's from vaporalley for $6.99 ea. I debridged one this afternoon, but haven't tried it yet. The debridging was easy.

@ Str8 - LOL. Yes they do. I have pulled the entire cup, wires, everything out of the 901's trying to debridge them. :( Make that 3 trashed now.

Iffy, I'll try some 306's. Who has the best prices etc?

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
After reading this thread, I thought I'd try it out. I have two 510 attys right now, so I was kind of scared of ruining one. Looked up the video tutorial, and it couldn't have gone smother. At first, I was afraid the cup and wires were going to pull out, but I watched as he rocked the bridge on the 306. I got out my handy dandy hemostat, squeezed on the bridge, and rocked it until it popped out. I highly recommend these things. Smaller than needle nose for tight fitting spaces. I got mine at The American Science And Surplus store. You can order online, if you're not lucky enough to be located in Illinois near Chicago. I just happen to have one of the two locations about 5 miles from where I live. They have a lot of great stuff, and fantastic prices. Quite a variety of glass bottles, needles, syringes, etc. You name it.

American Science & Surplus : Items Just Off the Truck

Anyhow, I can't believe how much better my juice tastes with this. I just can't grasp the concept on why. I figured if I'm dripping already, it's just dripping down on the coil in the first place. Is it the absence of the wick burning on the coil that makes it better?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread