For the obsessive package trackers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodtimes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
OKC
I confess, I'm completely obsessive about tracking packages, whether they're e-cig related or not. As soon as I get a shipping notification I immediately bookmark and and then check it regularly throughout the day. Just the other day the thought crossed my mind that there must be an iPhone app that tracks packages so I can indulge my compulsion when away from the computer. It took some searching, but I think I found the holy grail...

TrackThePack.com - NADA (No affiliation, yada, yada...)

Here's a rundown of what this site can do.

You enter in your tracking number for any of the major carriers and it adds it to your list. Sounds a little tedious though, right? WRONG!! Once you register for a free account you can forward your shipping notification emails to track@trackthepack.com and it automatically scans it for a tracking number and adds it to the list! :cool:

Here's my list right now, by the way:

ScreenShot00001.jpg

And when you expand an item you can see the history and a progress map:

ScreenShot00002.jpg

The service is free for up to 5 shipments a month. For $25/year you get unlimited shipments. However, I've done about 8 so far this month with the free account, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Okay, the iPhone app. This really sealed the deal for me. The free app lets you enter in tracking numbers and track them from your phone. The $1.99 full app syncs with the website automatically and provides push notifications. For the truly obsessed, you can get instant notifications EVERY TIME THE TRACKING STATUS UPDATES (or just for delivery events, for the moderately obsessed)!

drooling_homer.jpg

Apparently there has been some confusion over this so I should point out that the paid iPhone app and the $25/yr subscription are two totally separate things. You do not need a paid subscription to take advantage of all the features of the app.

The only bug I've noticed so far (other than getting more than 5 shipments with a free account) is that push notifications show the tracking # rather than the assigned name, so it's not clear which item has updated when you're tracking multiple items. That's really the only drawback I've found so far. Aside from the cost, that is...

IMO, this really should be closer to $10-15/yr. I haven't been able to justify the $25 just yet, but at the rate I'm using it I think I may actually get my money's worth.

Again, I have absolutely no affiliation with this service other than that I'm a very happy user...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread