For those thinking about trying Halo juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

WV_Mountaineer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Almost Heaven
I have tried all the Halo Non-Menthol juices, still need to try the Midnight Apple.

My faves in order are Tribeca, Prime15 and Torque56.

Wasn't a fan of the Bella-Valente or Freedom right after delivery so I'm letting those steep for awhile and give them another try later.

The Smooth8 I could not get used to whatsoever, way too strong of a Ginger taste for me, gave that one away.

MatrixTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have tried all the Halo Non-Menthol juices, still need to try the Midnight Apple.

My faves in order are Tribeca, Prime15 and Torque56.

Wasn't a fan of the Bella-Valente or Freedom right after delivery so I'm letting those steep for awhile and give them another try later.

The Smooth8 I could not get used to whatsoever, way too strong of a Ginger taste for me, gave that one away.

Thank you for the comments on those..So far I cant comment on the Torque56 yet..trying it with a DCA306 with LR306.. I dont drip much anymore but the flavor has to be reall good for me to tank it up in either Boge or DCT...I love my tanks..BDV,Lava, Cartomator...

-also I never realized they were on the East coast..2 day 1st class shipping is great!

-its gotta pass my dripmtest before I tank em up!! :vapor::vapor:

Last edited:

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Sedona, AZ
www.leslivresthebooks.com
For me, it's Tribecca and Prime 15, as fav's, then tiki and Malibu for something different.

Not a huge fan of torque or freedom but they're ok once in awhile, Bella is good after steeping for at least a month.

They have a new flavor now, HX3 which (posted on their site) says if you order $20, they'll send a free 7ml bottle, so took advantage and ordered a large tribecca and a small Midnight apple (haven't tried that one yet), so hopefully I get to try 2 new juices in the not so far future :)

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
angryguy, you should have received a card with your order that states: "THE TASTE OF YOUR HALO E-LIQUID WILL CHANGE CONSIDERABLY OVER THE FIRST 24-48 HOURS AFTER BEING OPENED." While the taste may not be to your liking even after this time, please give it a chance.

You didn't mention the nicotine content of the juices you received which will have a bearing on th. I vape 24mg torque 56 and it's my hardest hitting juice.

I'm a little apprehensive suggesting a flavor, but I were to it would be freedom or tribeca.

cheers,

Last edited:

angryguy77

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
angryguy, you should have received a card with your order that states: THE TASTE OF YOUR HALO E-LIQUID WILL CHANGE CONSIDERABLY OVER THE FIRST 24-48 HOURS AFTER BEING OPENED. While the taste may not be to your liking even after this time, please give it a chance.

You didn't mention the nicotine content of the juices you received which will have a bearing on th. I vape 24mg torque 56 and it's my hardest hitting juice. I'll edit my post so I don't give Halo a bad rap

I'm a little apprehensive suggesting a flavor, but I were to it would be freedom or tribeca.

cheers,

thanks, I guess I didn't look at that card close enough. I wont make a judgement until after some time passes.

I ordered the 12mg nic level. I had used 24mg prior to this(different brand), but I was getting a dull ache around my heart that I believe came from the nic level. I wanted to see if lowering it would help prevent that from happening. I've only been vaping for a month, so I'm still going through the trial and error stage.

Last edited:

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Sedona, AZ
www.leslivresthebooks.com
thanks, I guess I didn't look at that card close enough. I wont make a judgement until after some time passes.

I ordered the 12mg nic level. I had used 24mg prior to this(different brand), but I was getting a dull ache around my heart that I believe came from the nic level. I wanted to see if lowering it would help prevent that from happening. I've only been vaping for a month, so I'm still going through the trial and error stage.

It's all an experiment with us all when we first start, and taste is subjective. I'm not a huge fan of torque but it does give e good throat hit, Prime does as well and is a fav of mine, tribecca to a lesser extent and is a bit sweeter.

You may want to experiment more w/the nic levels a bit more, and keep in mind that all nic is not created equal. There was a prob with one place awhile back that was selling DIY nic that was actually much higher nic than stated on the label and website (can prolly find the threads here at ecf if you look), but Halo doesn't use that company for their nic, nor do many vendors.

This was on a different thread but may be helpful for you:

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html#post51773

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

Not only are you going thru the trial and error stage, your taste buds will change also the longer you are off of analogs. So what I'm tasting after vaping for 1.5 years will probably be different than what you are tasting now. There may be times where you won't be able to hardly taste what you are vaping now--your taste is going to change over the first 1-6 months as your taste buds heal.

In reference to Esoterica said about nic levels, you can be assured that what you're buying is what you're getting when you deal with Halo. They are a top company when it comes to quality assurance and control--nobody does it better.

Hope everything works out.

cheers,

angryguy77

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
The flavor is improving as the hours go by, I'm actually starting to dig the torque more and more as the hours pass. The HX3 is getting better, but not quite to my liking. I'll give it some more time before I make a final judgement.

I have some capt jack and prime on the way, and I'm regretting not getting express mail because I don't think I'll get it before the weekend.

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
I didn't like Torque my first few tries, but did after a while. I liked Tribeca pretty quickly and still use it as my main vape (I'm still experimenting but I like it a lot). A lot of people like Prime but it never grew on me.

Rotate and drip all your liquids as some will change in character as your taste buds change and the liquids "settle" or whatever happens after being opened.

angryguy77

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Day number 2 is here and the flavor of HX3 has improved drastically. I think they have a winner with this flavor, I'll be ordering it again.

For those checking out or just giving it their first try, the company is not joking when they tell you the quality of the juice will improve significantly over a 24-48 hour time span. Now I really can't wait to get my order of Capt Jack and Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread