Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
"For years, dubious research papers focusing on the risks e-cigarettes have been accompanied by press releases bursting with hyperbole and misleading claims. Journalists hungry for a good headline often seize upon these reports unquestioningly accepting their most dramatic claims or worst possible conclusions."

Take away the "e-" and it's exactly what they did to smokers. So how did they arrive at this lunatic conclusion?

"But in their mission to destroy the tobacco industry and eradicate recreational nicotine use, e-cigarette critics have resorted to the very same tactics of sowing doubt and confusion that the tobacco industry used decades ago"

The tobacco industry gets bashed for what the anti-smokers absolutely indisputably did to them! The tobacco industry is actually guilty of letting the anti-smokers get away with scientific fraud. It shows how totally brainwashed they are.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Main theme of it.......

This is in spite of the fact that the overwhelming consensus is that e-cigarettes are significantly safer than combustible cigarettes. A landmark report from the Royal College of Physicians found e-cigarettes are unlikely to exceed 5% of the risks of regular cigarettes. There is also solid data that e-cigarettes are helping smokers quit regular cigarettes.

Unfortunately, an increasingly militant part of the public health movement has set its face against vaping and harm reduction in favor of a near religious-like adherence to nicotine abstinence.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think they're "letting anyone" get away with scientific fraud. I think big tobacco is a bit confused and desperate at the moment, honestly.

The anti- movement, however, will stop at nothing. They have demonstrated this, and in part, I understand the concern, but it's really really DUMB to take away a harm-reduction method that actually decreases smoking.

However the anti- movement is pretty black and white. Even if their overfocus on vaping led to smoking's RESURGENCE, I think they'd consider that a win, as they see absolutely no "spectrum of harm." Just harm.

I say, instead of all this craziness, we just pick a state that sucks, move them all there, and let that state be nicotine free, and if it was AZ, I'd be WILLING to move, if they'd all just SHUT up. Maybe they can secede from the Union as well, and just stop being an annoyance.

I don't understand how one group of people can be so solidly one note, either. They're a boring lot, I'm afraid to say, many of them. That's what happens with propaganda and brainwashing. I've met a few cultists, and really, individuality becomes completely squashed, and it's a shame.

I do consider the anti-s a "cult" in some ways....

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I don't think they're "letting anyone" get away with scientific fraud. I think big tobacco is a bit confused and desperate at the moment, honestly.

The anti- movement, however, will stop at nothing. They have demonstrated this, and in part, I understand the concern, but it's really really DUMB to take away a harm-reduction method that actually decreases smoking.

However the anti- movement is pretty black and white. Even if their overfocus on vaping led to smoking's RESURGENCE, I think they'd consider that a win, as they see absolutely no "spectrum of harm." Just harm.

I say, instead of all this craziness, we just pick a state that sucks, move them all there, and let that state be nicotine free, and if it was AZ, I'd be WILLING to move, if they'd all just SHUT up. Maybe they can secede from the Union as well, and just stop being an annoyance.

I don't understand how one group of people can be so solidly one note, either. They're a boring lot, I'm afraid to say, many of them. That's what happens with propaganda and brainwashing. I've met a few cultists, and really, individuality becomes completely squashed, and it's a shame.

I do consider the anti-s a "cult" in some ways....

Anna

Amen!

Oh! Wait...:facepalm:

I'll get my coat....:party:

I

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Until people realize that none of these stories matter, it's always going to be the same thing, especially in the US. Not knocking anyone but this is all a scam job, vaping and tobacco.

Nothing has been done on either front for the health of anyone. It's all being done for money, that is it and all, I don't care what any politician says.

They went after tobacco, fined the living dirt out of them, who got the money? The government got/gets it and also blocked anyone from being able to sue personally (why anyone would I have no clue, no one made any of us smoke).

Then they make them put out ads about not smoking, has any of them worked for that or did they remind you to light up or go buy more?

They tax tobacco like crazy, on the premise "If they cost more people will use less", has that worked, nope, yet they keep on taxing to make that money.

Next will be the same taxes on "e" products, same reason they want makers to have to register. It's not about safety or usefulness, it's about making money. It's a never ending shell game, where the average citizen is too busy surviving to have time to watch the ball (which isn't even there).

It's just like I said somewhere else on here. They are after cigarettes because combustion is bad, yet have allowed the sale of "other" combustibles to rise/spread. Why would they do that, easy way to find out is to look at the money (taxes) being raised. That's not even counting the rise in tickets and court fees.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@papergoblin, you are 100% right, IMO. The only reason I read these articles is to stay up to date on what info is being disseminated to the non-vaping world. It angers me to see so much bad information in the press on anything. People believe what they read in their favorite newspaper or hear about on their preferred news outlet. I live in the DC Metro area. Our local ABC outlet is owned by Sinclair. I don't bother to watch their news these days but do record some ABC programs. I caught a snippet last night during a commercial that I didn't fast forward through of a segment on the upcoming news at 11 - "Ask your teen about Juul - the e-cigarette that contains as much nicotine as a pack of cigarettes and is being marketed to teens with flavors like Fruit Medley and Mango."

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
@papergoblin, you are 100% right, IMO. The only reason I read these articles is to stay up to date on what info is being disseminated to the non-vaping world. It angers me to see so much bad information in the press on anything. People believe what they read in their favorite newspaper or hear about on their preferred news outlet. I live in the DC Metro area. Our local ABC outlet is owned by Sinclair. I don't bother to watch their news these days but do record some ABC programs. I caught a snippet last night during a commercial that I didn't fast forward through of a segment on the upcoming news at 11 - "Ask your teen about Juul - the e-cigarette that contains as much nicotine as a pack of cigarettes and is being marketed to teens with flavors like Fruit Medley and Mango."

Same reason I no longer watch as well, there is no more news. There's only editorials now, disguised as news or just flat out propaganda. There may be some local news that puts out decent info somewhere but I highly doubt it, since most just retell the same AP junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread