Not open for further replies.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
One recent "test" that I forget exactly where I ran into (but it was here on ECF) made a big deal about formaldehyde, in micrograms, found in vapor. Well, formaldehyde is naturally occurring and... wait for it... is found in lovely, healthy fruits...

Formaldehyde (EHC 89, 1989)

The measures listed are in mg/kg which means we're talking a scale of 1000 times mcg putting the pear at 60,000 mcg per kg.

So... how much of the formaldehyde in vapor is coming from the fruit flavorings? Hmmm?

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Does this mean the fruit flavors should be banned?

:) Of course, isn't it obvious. They're after our children; must, must defend them from evil. Concentration camps are the answer unless they yield and revert to cigarettes. Well... because cigarettes are not as harmful.

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Does this mean the fruit flavors should be banned?

It means fruit should be banned.

You ingest fruits. Most vapor is exhaled. The exposure level is much, much, much lower in vapor than in eating fruit. Fruit should be pulled off the market immediately!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I'm allergic so have spent bunches of time researching products containing it as well as all the chemical (names) that are derived from or break down into it and, trust me, thats a slew of them. Since it goes by soooo many names, you would be shocked at just how many products contain it. Its in the majority of hair products under other names as well as cosmetics and other facial/body stuff... not to mention, of course, in smokes and drinks (its a super preservative.) Discovery of my allergy came many years ago when I was looking at new mobile homes with lots of fresh paneling during the summer months in Arizona... (high temps release it to the point where it burns the nose and eyes.) I've tested +4 allergic (highly sensitive) to it and, thus, have learned what symptoms I get when I've come into contact with it. I suspect, in my own case, that at least 75% of my smoker's mucousy cough was due to it. Fruits and fruit ejuices are not a problem.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm allergic so have spent bunches of time researching products containing it as well as all the chemical (names) that are derived from or break down into it and, trust me, thats a slew of them. Since it goes by soooo many names, you would be shocked at just how many products contain it. Its in the majority of hair products under other names as well as cosmetics and other facial/body stuff... not to mention, of course, in smokes and drinks (its a super preservative.) Discovery of my allergy came many years ago when I was looking at new mobile homes with lots of fresh paneling during the summer months in Arizona... (high temps release it to the point where it burns the nose and eyes.) I've tested +4 allergic (highly sensitive) to it and, thus, have learned what symptoms I get when I've come into contact with it. I suspect, in my own case, that at least 75% of my smoker's mucousy cough was due to it. Fruits and fruit ejuices are not a problem.

Such a good point, and respect the research. To the surprise of many new agers, every single 'organic' substance or any substance for that matter, can be broken down into a chemical name :shock: which would scare the hell out of them. :lol: By some reasoning, they think that if they can properly pronounce (or totally decimate) the name, it somehow imparts intelligence on them and their 'ideas' and takes them out of their subjective feel good universe into the realm of science! They are mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread