Status
Not open for further replies.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
I have a vv battery with a kanger mini protank , aspire nautilus mini tank with 1.8 ohms coil and an evod tank with 2.2 ohms coils.i'm vaping the aspire mini at 4.2 - 5 volts ,it seems to wick just fine ,for the evod and mini protank i'm using 4.2 volts and 2.2 ohms coils .are these volts too high?am I inhaling formaldehyde?I'm using hangsen 70 30 e liquid .I'm worried and nervous.whats the temperature of my coils at these volts am I actually harming myself?whats the correct volts to vape these coils at?

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
im getting tired of repeating tis lol. read the study. they didnt even look for formaldehyde. they measured formaldehyde hemiacetal. big difference. the named the study that because they THINK formaldehyde MAY be released in a vaping context by the hemiacetal. the compound in and of itself is not a known health risk. it also happened at extreme temperatures that you would never vape at. are you getting dry hits or burning the hell out of your throught or lungs? if not your good. also search is your friend there have been three threads about this just today
eta - there are a lot of factors that go into temperature. they were using a ce4 wich because of its wicking and airflow reached crazy temperatures at the 5 volts they set it at. an rda, with proper wicking and airflow, wont reach those temps even at 6 volts.

Last edited:

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA

Zazoie

Jan 21, 2015
Hoth
"they measured formaldehyde hemiacetal"

Not that I can add anything to this but when I was reading up on this basically the study concluded nothing. Because you wouldn't be able to vape at a temp to create the above.

To draw an analogy then the study could have gone like this, "Running 200mph can break your legs and even cause death." Well yeah but no one can run 200mph.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
that chart only really applies to cheap clearos and cartos that only used silica wick and had lousy air flow. not really up to date with modern equipment unless your using a ce5 or the like

T4 perhaps you can better answer the OP question, I haven't seen any other charts anywhere.

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
I have a vv battery with a kanger mini protank , aspire nautilus mini tank with 1.8 ohms coil and an evod tank with 2.2 ohms coils.i'm vaping the aspire mini at 4.2 - 5 volts ,it seems to wick just fine ,for the evod and mini protank i'm using 4.2 volts and 2.2 ohms coils .are these volts too high?am I inhaling formaldehyde?I'm using hangsen 70 30 e liquid .I'm worried and nervous.whats the temperature of my coils at these volts am I actually harming myself?whats the correct volts to vape these coils at?

Finding info about what temp your coil is firing at is hard to do. I havent been able to find that info either. However, You can easily taste if your coil is burning instead of vaping. The common viewpoint is that as long as it doesn't taste burnt, you are within safe range.

DadEh

Dec 23, 2014
East of GTA
I believe they used dry wick too.... And draws was made in a way that no Vaper could emulate, time/draw length wise.
Lastly, if you are an ex- smoker, you took in thousands of toxins-carcinogens-etc etc etc PER ANNALOG including formaldehyde.
Sooooo, I am no rocket scientist but I feel we are a h$ll of a lot safer (if there are any risks in vaping) than what we once were.

I do hope your fears are settled. Oh and you can always feel safe breathing in the air of any major city and be content on the quality, these days. Lol
Don't feel bad about your question. We all probably felt as you do but this question has made the rounds. We are all here for you and hope we have been of help.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
T4 perhaps you can better answer the OP question, I haven't seen any other charts anywhere.

they havnt really made any because of all the variables in todays equpment. havnt used the tank so i cant really recomend, however as long as your not getting burnt taste/dry hits your good. start low and work your way up. when it gets unpleasant, not it down a few notches. using that chart if i put a 1.2 ohm coil in my tobh, i couldnt take it over 7.5 watts. i had a 1.2 in my tobh while waiting for my order of 28 gauge to come. i had it at 25 watts no problem. its because of the more efficient wicking of the cotton and the better air flow. it never reached a temperature that would cause problems. in order to figure out the ranges these days you have to learn all the variables and experiment. like i said the easiest way to find the range for your device is to start low and work your way up

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
The only way that juice can be harmful to you, other than drinking it, would be combusting it. Actually setting it on fire. Some drippers can catch fire, but not as long as you have a decent amount of airflow on it, you're fine.

i have only seen an rda burn is from frying a dry wick with the top cap off. i mean from people trying to do it. no amount of airflow will help that. in fact in that case more air flow would feed the flame lol. nothing in ejuice is flamable unless you somehow have a tone of alcohol in it

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
The whole formaldehyde test was rigged, they changed the way the tank was used to get the results they wanted and made up front: Nobody ever uses a CE4 or Stardust at 5 volts. It just doesn't wick nearly as fast as needed to run it at 5 volts. The formaldehyde levels were 1/10th or less than a regular cigarette when the tank was used properly at 3.7v. The whole 10 times more formaldehyde than a regular cigarette thing came from burning (Yes, I mean burning) silica wicks at temperatures way above regular usage levels: the tank was run up to 600 degrees celsius, or 1112 degrees fahrenheit which is nearly triple the amount of heat normally produced by a working tank, not liquid or anything other.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
The whole formaldehyde test was rigged, they changed the way the tank was used to get the results they wanted and made up front: Nobody ever uses a CE4 or Stardust at 5 volts. It just doesn't wick nearly as fast as needed to run it at 5 volts. The formaldehyde levels were 1/10th or less than a regular cigarette when the tank was used properly at 3.7v. The whole 10 times more formaldehyde than a regular cigarette thing came from burning (Yes, I mean burning) silica wicks at temperatures way above regular usage levels: the tank was run up to 600 degrees celsius, or 1112 degrees fahrenheit which is nearly triple the amount of heat normally produced by a working tank, not liquid or anything other.

*sigh* read post 2

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
My stock comment is this: no one has explained how ejuice gets magically transformed into formaldahyde.

Yes, if you burn the snot out of some plastic component or polyfill wick on an "ecig" you picked up at a gas station, you're going to produce formaldahyde by setting your gear on fire...and it will be uninhaleable anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread