Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I don't have study links right now, but I believe it was when they overheated the coil and wick causing a "dry hit" that it was measurable. The ANTI's did the original study and it was immediately retracted because they omitted the coil overheat to "dry hit" part in the conclusions, and made it look like it was occurring during normal operations of an ecig.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Yes, it says that vaping does inface contain forlamdehyde at low levels

Keep going.

Those levels were 30-250 times LOWER than tobacco cigarette smoke.

In addition, the levels were far below the standards set for exposure as well.

Rather than cherry picking and posting misleading threads, exercise some due diligence and read up thoroughly first.

Reactions: Coldrake

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I vape, but dr faraslinos has just messaged me back and said that formaldehyde is found at low levels of vaping and high levels at high levels of vaping... Im not convinced that vaping at 3.5v can produce formaldehyde
from the above statement messaged to you by Dr F it would appear you are correct. I smoked 30 to 40 cigarettes each and every day for over 40 years before I discovered the miracle of vaping so i would imagine I have a high tolerance :)
are you trying to determine if vaping is harmful to you? is vaping a new hobby? are you a previous smoker?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Yes, glycerin can break down into -aldehydes at high temperatures. At these temperatures, however, you're not "vaporizing" so much as you are "burning" your juice. It'd likely taste like garbage, and you'd be hard-pressed to not notice that "bad, nearly poisonous taste".

So yes, in extreme situations, glycerin can produce -aldehydes. Keep your temperatures out of the "excessive" range and you should be fine. I can't speak for .1 sub-ohmers though.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Drug talk

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Oh and by the way, formaldehyde is 1 of the thousands of carcinogens found in cigarettes.
Smoked allot of them for 39 years.
VapeOn
What if for long time smoker just additional 1 mkg of formaldehyde is enough to trigger cancer?
Ex-smokers should be especially cautious with carcinogens.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i believe the good doctor also noted at normal operating temperature
the amount of formaldehyde found was so low as to possibly
be what was found normally in the breath as a result of natural
human metabolism.
its hard to watch those carcinogens when your own body is
making them.

from my soon to be regulated by the FDA body regards,