Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
well if something has been glued together with an industrial glue, its got formaldehyde in it. Some of the popular stuff is wood/engineered flooring, plywood, carpet.....and it slowly leeches out contaminating the air you breathe....
and as far as carcinogens go.. that chunk of BBQ'd meat thats coming off the grill is loaded with them..
why dont people think about the other stuff loaded with nastyness but get all freaky over whats in thier juice??

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
There are several chemicals that are of concern to us as vapers, acrolein, diacetyl, AP, formaldahyde and a couple of others. Acrolein and formaldahyde can be avoided by not running a unit very high powered or when the wicking is dry, thus heat related aerosols. Diacetyl and AP are flavorings based, mostly found in buttery, custardy, vanillas, butterscotch, some caramels, milky, creamy and other desert and savory bakery flavors, these can be avoided by either researching a potentially new flavor and or manufacturer's flavoring ingredients prior to purchase, any tobacco flavors that use these flavorings, like RY4 tobaccos can fall prey to this category. Some hot cinnamons had a stir many months ago but not been much about them since. Seen some liquids with added caffeine and melatonin added for extra pep or help relax, never touched them myself, but not so much long term harmful, to much of these at once arose concern with me, like chain vaping one with caffeine could potentially cause an issue, thus why I never touched them personally.

Either than those four categories, not much to worry about if buying liquids in US or locally to yourself, wouldn't trust China juice or Voda Vapor juices, nor do I trust any juice made in someones kitchen or garage that are DIYing liquid unless doing it myself and could control the mixing environment.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Like many positive studies about vaping, this one ALSO has been distorted beyond recognition by the press.

AFAIK, there was a *range* of voltages tested. Not just 5+ volts.

On the voltage range normal people would use a modest cartomizer (starting at around 3v), no "carcinogenics" were found.
After an increase of voltage, things that were not supposed to be there started to appear. Of course, if you apply 5v+ on a cartomizer, with much less liquid drainage than a RTA, the coil will dry and eventually burn. The pump used in the study did not cough or complain. If they gave that device for a vaper to try, they would understand that *no-one* could possibly use that cartomizer at 5 volts.

All the study has shown is that there are nasty things on *dry-puff* conditions. I already knew it, thankyouverymuch. There's no need for a fancy study to tell me that - I can taste and smell things, now that I have quit smoking for more than six years. :)

Of course, the media reported *all* e-cigs being as dangerous as if they were really used *always* in dry-puff conditions. And as if it was possible for *anyone* to use e-cigs in those conditions, without realizing that something was wrong, as if a dry-puff tasted just as good as your best premium e-liquid. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread