Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Heating up the ejuice causes the nicotine to oxidize at at much faster rate then it would naturally and could possibly make the ejuice taste harsh.. If ethyl alcohol is used by a flavor maker as an extraction method - it is still present in the finished product so leaving the cap off for a day or 2 will allow it to evaporate at a normal pace.
Heat, can also have the undesired effect, of "cooking off" desirable volatile flavor notes... those most often responsible for the lighter, more aromatic, flavor nuances. This can leave a flatter, more one dimensional, final flavor profile. I have found fruits, florals, and aromatics, to be especially susceptible.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
Heating up the ejuice causes the nicotine to oxidize at at much faster rate then it would naturally and could possibly make the ejuice taste harsh.. If ethyl alcohol is used by a flavor maker as an extraction method - it is still present in the finished product so leaving the cap off for a day or 2 will allow it to evaporate at a normal pace.

The lowest setting on my crock pot is 125 degrees. Degeneration is very minimal.

Here's a post you can read of actual testing with exact science.

Effects of Heat on Nicotine Degradation | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: stols001

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The lowest setting on my crock pot is 125 degrees. Degeneration is very minimal.

Here's a post you can read of actual testing with exact science.

Effects of Heat on Nicotine Degradation | E-Cigarette Forum
To each their own. This discussion has be had so many times before ad nauseam. If that is the way you wish to DIY no one here is saying you cannot. I don't wish to do my DIY as you do yours and am perfectly happy with the way my mixes turn out for me.

If the OP finds all this info useful for him then let it continue, its his thread but don't presume that we all need to be educated. If the OP asks for help by all means help him but offering up your preferences and set out to debate them with me has no benefits to the OP unless he asks for it.
jmho

Reactions: CagedSpam

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Appropriate

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I live in France and the LDPE bottles are surprisingly difficult to find at a good price. Anyone got any suggestions?

Obviously within Europe if poss :p:)

Lucemill. Guilty until proved otherwise. What they sell is not marked, but they seem to be appealing to the the vaping market.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: enough

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Staff edited to clean up

Finally, down to plastics. Most of my bottles are not stamped with an identifier, which suggests they are neither food grade or BPA free. Until otherwise informed by strong evidence, I am comfortable with this - vaping has many risks and BPA is but one. If I were to take that risk to heart, I would have to dispense with using canned food.

Internet_dog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If the OP finds all this info useful for him then let it continue, its his thread but don't presume that we all need to be educated. If the OP asks for help by all means help him but offering up your preferences and set out to debate them with me has no benefits to the OP unless he asks for it.
jmho

Staff removed quote of deleted post

I think you need to re-read this paragraph. I speak of a debate between 'other members' in a thread that belongs to neither member. To me that is disrespectful to the member that Opened this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: enough

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Lots of hand-wringing over plastic bottles. For me the answer is simple: I'll continue to use glass, and if I have a recipe that seems to have a short shelf-life before morphing onto something un-vapable, I'll mix only what I intend to use in a couple weeks and vape it in all of its youthful yumminess. Take that evil oxygen!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have used glass bottles where it's about half full and never have I run into this problem (although, I don't use tobaccos) and I've had a bottle steeping for about 8 months that has finally become good.

I did not even know this problem WAS a problem even, alhough maybe I'm just not that discriminating, and I certainly don't vape tobaccos.
Anna

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Enough
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread