Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
Woody Frankie

I like my painted Frankie, but the unpainted "Resin Gray" not so much. Fit of the door was too loose and creaky. So I chucked the body and made this. Different look but 100% Frankie hardware with a few minor tweaks.

View attachment 661707

Ok, Asbestos and I are first and second on the list. Just tell me where to send my money. That thing is beautiful!

Seriously, I would definitely buy one of these works of art!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Where do I sign??? That's awesome !

Ok, Asbestos and I are first and second on the list. Just tell me where to send my money. That thing is beautiful!

Seriously, I would definitely buy one of these works of art!

Thanks, guys. :nun: Unfortunately I'm really liking this one. If I get tired of it I'll let you know.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
A friend just posted her all clear Frankie setup. :)

yzHYzmY.jpg

Last edited:

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
Woody Frankie

I like my painted Frankie, but the unpainted "Resin Gray" not so much. Fit of the door was too loose and creaky. So I chucked the body and made this. Different look but 100% Frankie hardware with a few minor tweaks.

View attachment 661707

Beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheWestPole

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
There is a side by side comparison picture in the boxer sqounk clone thread on here.The guy that posted the pic said the cap is wider on those bottles,and may hit the contact on the Frankenskull clones.
Here is the thread it's in
Boxer Clone

Thanks! They don't look that much bigger than a supersoft except for the cap. Should be fine with taping the contacts to prevent any shorting issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Considering to get a pack. Have to know the size vs Supersoft.

There is a side by side comparison picture in the boxer sqounk clone thread on here.The guy that posted the pic said the cap is wider on those bottles,and may hit the contact on the Frankenskull clones.
Here is the thread it's in
Boxer Clone
Thanks! They don't look that much bigger than a supersoft except for the cap. Should be fine with taping the contacts to prevent any shorting issues.

Right about the cap. The first bend in the Frankie does touch. That doesn't matter. But you want to make sure the batteries you use have good wraps on the sides, because it can touch there too. If it touches both there could be a short.

It's not just about the width of the cap, it's also about how incredibly soft and squishy the bottles are. Anything can push in from the sides and easily touch the cap.

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Right about the cap. The first bend in the Frankie does touch. That doesn't matter. But you want to make sure the batteries you use have good wraps on the sides, because it can touch there too. If it touches both there could be a short.

It's not just about the width of the cap, it's also about how incredibly soft and squishy the bottles are. Anything can push in from the sides and easily touch the cap.
Good point,i wasn't even thinking the cap itself wouldn't cause an issue if only touching the positive,i also never thought about the possibility of touching the battery.
On the softness,how soft are they,are they softer than the supersoft?If they are,then i doubt i will get any,as the ss bottles are almost too soft for my liking as it is,so anything softer i would not like at all haha.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Good point,i wasn't even thinking the cap itself wouldn't cause an issue if only touching the positive,i also never thought about the possibility of touching the battery.
On the softness,how soft are they,are they softer than the supersoft?If they are,then i doubt i will get any,as the ss bottles are almost too soft for my liking as it is,so anything softer i would not like at all haha.

They are way, way, way softer. You can literally wad up an empty one between your fingers.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
They are way, way, way softer. You can literally wad up an empty one between your fingers.
Sounds like they may not be for me then.I'll probably grab 1 when placing another order,but i think i'll scratch the plan to get the 5 pack until i know for sure.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

To my point. You'll want to adjust the bend in the contact a bit.

IMAG2783_picmonkeyed.jpg

Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread