FREE CRYPTONITE C8 V3 - Just ask for one with your next order on orders $35 & up.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com
Got two today. Tried filling with the bottle and tip that I got with it but couldn't really fill it at a good angle. Got some serious leaking. Seemed to go through an entire tank in under an hour! Need try filling with a syringe and holding it upside down per Steeljan. I'm also getting a slight plastic taste, which makes me cough, trying to vape through it. (I think I'm a little sensitive to plastic/silicon.) Reminds me of the CE4 which I didn't like either. So far, preferring the Stardust. To each their own!

ita

Reviewer / Blogger
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Portugal
vaper.imbl.net
I've been using these (Cb/C8/518) for some time now and they really have great flavour (when they work good :/ ) but they're a bit inconsistent depending on the liquid you're using.
The mod that LordDavon mention is a good workaround for them. I'm using 2, one mod'ed and one stock, for the different types/thickness of juice lol.
For those who want to see the "inside", here it is (it's in Portuguese but you can get the point :) ):

I've used the tube cutter to force the plastic tube and metal tube to open a bit so it would be easy to pull it. The coil wire is directly welled on the thread and central pin. After opening them, i don't use the (bottom) metal ring/tube anymore and hadn't any prob with it (makes it easy to open it later on :) ). As for the coil chamber, i don't recommend to open it. Later on it starts leaking very often (the metal will start to bend and leave gaps for the liquid to get out :/ )

luv2vape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2010
missouri usa
got mine in yesterday.had a dry hit at first, took the top plug off "which i had off center just a bit ",put back on and bam ! these things are awesome ! best flavor ive ever had on any carto "and ive tried them all" and vapor production just gets better the more i used it. took about a tank of 50/50 ratio to break in but now just clouds !

Stoggy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
lebanon,mo
one thing i noticed on both of mine compared to his is my center pin is slides and moves to the side alot also ur pin is thicker and looks more rounded on top

crytonite.jpg

Attachments

• crytonite.jpg
    crytonite.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

madmaxny

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
amsterdam ny
Strange thing happened. On the first tank, I had about 1/4 juice left and it leaked out. It was good until then. No leaking at all. I'm on my second fill and no leaks so far. Not sure what happened. It leaked right out the bottom post. Will see if the second fill does the same thing. Has anyone else had this happen?

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I can cut and thin the wicks just like the Vornado, and it works like magic. I can run PG at 4.2V nicely, and it hits harder than almost anything out there. VG is running at 3.7-3.9V, and I am not getting any dry hits at all. I am really enjoying these.

NOTE: I have killed 3. Only brought one back from the dead so far.

One of mine is dead, after 2 days :(

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Strange thing happened. On the first tank, I had about 1/4 juice left and it leaked out. It was good until then. No leaking at all. I'm on my second fill and no leaks so far. Not sure what happened. It leaked right out the bottom post. Will see if the second fill does the same thing. Has anyone else had this happen?

Yes. The secret is you have to fill it upside down with a syringe.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I've been using these (Cb/C8/518) for some time now and they really have great flavour (when they work good :/ ) but they're a bit inconsistent depending on the liquid you're using.
The mod that LordDavon mention is a good workaround for them. I'm using 2, one mod'ed and one stock, for the different types/thickness of juice lol.
For those who want to see the "inside", here it is (it's in Portuguese but you can get the point :) ):

I've used the tube cutter to force the plastic tube and metal tube to open a bit so it would be easy to pull it. The coil wire is directly welled on the thread and central pin. After opening them, i don't use the (bottom) metal ring/tube anymore and hadn't any prob with it (makes it easy to open it later on :) ). As for the coil chamber, i don't recommend to open it. Later on it starts leaking very often (the metal will start to bend and leave gaps for the liquid to get out :/ )

Ita, I am glad you got it posted! Thank you.

*bump*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread