Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Looking for a new place to watch TV online. I went to a site for a while but they closed up shop or never post anything anymore. The one I went to was stickysht with the "I". I dont pay for TV and that was a great place to watch my shows till recently. So now what?

I know someone is going to say HuLu but last time I tried it they wanted me to pay for a plus account.
Had netflix till I moved to cow town and the internet is slow. I dont mind buffer time if its free.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Yeah, that's a tough one if you have slow internet, makes it hard to justify paying for it. Alot of the cable networks do offer their episodes for viewing on their websites though, if you can find those, that's great. Yeah I know, not much help, lol---brain is working on very little sleep right now.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
TPB'S is a good one. I got into it when I found out we where moving here (trailer and 5 acres). When I think of that show I think of mixed drinks. Julian always had a dark mixed drink no matter what. Think I see a Makers 46 and some coke in my future lol. Its on netflix.
TPB.jpg

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I know someone is going to say HuLu but last time I tried it they wanted me to pay for a plus account.

shock.gif
OMG, ya mean that there are mean people out dere that actually expect some coin for services/products provided? Lawdy, I think I may have da the vapors*...
faint.gif

* lil' generational test there...
BigGrin-1.gif

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
We really liked Weeds too, I lost track of it the last couple of seasons though, I wonder if the last two seasons are on Netflix yet, I'll have to take a look. I like clever/funny type comedies too, need to take a peek at the Trailer Park Boys if I can find it, might fit the bill!

Just happened to stumble across TPB'S a couple nights ago. Only watched first couple of episodes but definitely looks like something I'm going like. If you haven't yet, watch Arrested Development and United States of Tara. Two great, clever, well written, off-color shows!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The TV industry has to be feeling the pain of commercial skip and DVR time shifting. We just upgraded to the Hopper/Joey hardware from Dish and the Primetime Anytime feature records ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox from 8 til 11 weeknights and 7 til 11 on Sunday. That uses one of the three tuners when it's recording, but it's not a problem unless I and my wife have stuff set up to record on DVR. When you play back a PTA show, it asks you if you want to commercial skip at the beginning. If you say yes, it's almost seamless when it skips and you don't have to do anything.

Look for subscription TV only one day. We've always paid for free TV by watching commercials.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Project TV is a good one if you have fast internet. Mine is 10.5 times slower then the national average speed and that player is very slow. So far the one I like most is YTEpisodes: Jack Benny Program (S06E01) Jack Dive Into an Empty Swimming Pool cause I can watch at 240P. Would love to be able to watch at at least 360 but I dont have to wait on buffer at 240p. Will still use Project TV as a back up.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Soon to be a Transplanted Canadian in Kansas (WOOHOO!) i am not sure i can offer much help to you, but i have found a few sites that i thought would be of interest for you, and not sure if you know them already? they are free as well.
Hulu TV
As you can see here, i cannot tell you anything on it, as i have a Canadian IP and i cannot see past this :censored: banner
View attachment 111371

There is also Ninja Video they rock as the FCC keeps trying to turn them off and they keep coming back time and again under the same name

how about Project free tv

then there is free youtube movies not the greatest selection, but it is free :D

hope some of these help? I think i have more links if you want them :D

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
If your internet is that slow another option would be to download torrents while you're sleeping or at work, even with a slow connection by the time you got home from work or woke up something would have completed.

Well I guess its just slow to start buffering. I let a 22 minute show buffer for like 3 minutes and it never paused. Maybe its just certain names that you watch under that work better for slower connections.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Soon to be a Transplanted Canadian in Kansas (WOOHOO!) i am not sure i can offer much help to you, but i have found a few sites that i thought would be of interest for you, and not sure if you know them already? they are free as well.
Hulu TV
As you can see here, i cannot tell you anything on it, as i have a Canadian IP and i cannot see past this :censored: banner
View attachment 111371

There is also Ninja Video they rock as the FCC keeps trying to turn them off and they keep coming back time and again under the same name

how about Project free tv

then there is free youtube movies not the greatest selection, but it is free :D

hope some of these help? I think i have more links if you want them :D

Hulu is a pay site. If you dont pay they shut you down after a few shows.

Congratulations on your move to the wide open plains! :toast: I lived in Kansas for a few years. One thing I can say is the law is strict as any state in America. They think every one is rich and even the smallest things cost big bucks in court. I have family that I am going to visit in Kansas City, KS from July 16-21. Lived in the area for 15 years. Now I am 5 hours South. You are going to love the warmer weather. They use salt on the roads though so get you a winter car. Down here they only use plows and it only snowed like 2" total last winter. What part of Kansas are you moving to?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My next TV will have a built-in web browser just for the convenience. Our current 65" Mitsubishi is a 2004 model rear projection type. The picture is great at 1080i and we'll keep it as long as it works. I had to replace a video processor chip on one of the boards a few years ago, but other than that it's been rock solid. I did that myself after ordering the part for $35. It's a big set that is about 3 feet deep and it's in one of those 10 foot wide surrounds with slide out drawers for CD's and DVD storage with glass door enclosures for audio and video components.

I've used Playon software to view online content using my Wii gaming console. It's pretty clunky using the Wii controllers to operate the TV, but the picture is good enough to get by if you need to view online content. Roku would probably be better.

Internet TV is a given for the future. I look for it to become another subscription method, but cheaper than cable or satellite.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
My next TV will have a built-in web browser just for the convenience. Our current 65" Mitsubishi is a 2004 model rear projection type. The picture is great at 1080i and we'll keep it as long as it works. I had to replace a video processor chip on one of the boards a few years ago, but other than that it's been rock solid. I did that myself after ordering the part for $35. It's a big set that is about 3 feet deep and it's in one of those 10 foot wide surrounds with slide out drawers for CD's and DVD storage with glass door enclosures for audio and video components.

I've used Playon software to view online content using my Wii gaming console. It's pretty clunky using the Wii controllers to operate the TV, but the picture is good enough to get by if you need to view online content. Roku would probably be better.

Internet TV is a given for the future. I look for it to become another subscription method, but cheaper than cable or satellite.

Sounds like a nice TV. I have a Mitsubishi 52". Think they call it a DLP or something. I know it has a plug for a Ethernet cord. Also USB and memory cards. The light is just one unit and it hides under the front panel that sits under the screen. Would cost only $100 to change it out DIY. I bought it from a guy that fixes TV's for just $200 and I love the TV. Before I just had a 32" so it was a nice upgrade. I wonder if I just plug a Ethernet into it if I would be able to get on the internet on the TV. I have a PS3 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread