Freebase burning too fast in Caliburn G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamiester

Aug 20, 2019
Howdy fellow vapers

When I started vapping over two years ago, I was using Caliburn Pod device with Naked 100 (35mg) and Charlie Noble (25mg). Despite me chain vapping, I was re-filling my 2ml pod once a day, max twice.

A year into vapping I decided to cut down on my nicotine and started using freebase, still with Caliburn G 2ml pod device. I still used Naked 100 (tobacco) and Charlie Noble (RY4) freebase in 6mg.

The coil in Caliburn G is UN2-Meshed H 0.8ohm: 13 - 18W.

Since I started freebase, I'm going crazy re-filling the pod at least 8-10 times a day. A 2ml pod with freebase doesnt last me even an hour.

Am I using the wrong device/coil for freebase or the freebase just burns fast in general?
Caliburn G also has UN2-Meshed H 1.0ohm: 10 - 15W and 1.2ohm.

Please help, I really don't want to go back to nic salts with high nic level in flavours that I like.

Reactions: Superuser187

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Uh, you went from 35 and 25 to, uh, 6? Most likely it's the radical drop in nic % that's getting you to vape higher quantities. 1/6 the nic, 6 times the volume.

I vape freebase at 18, and use about 4 - 5 mls a day. Maybe try mixing a bit higher?

Shamiester

Aug 20, 2019
Uh, you went from 35 and 25 to, uh, 6? Most likely it's the radical drop in nic % that's getting you to vape higher quantities. 1/6 the nic, 6 times the volume.

I vape freebase at 18, and use about 4 - 5 mls a day. Maybe try mixing a bit higher?

Thanks. Which device do you use?

Problem is I was chain vapping even with high nicotine nic salts and that was one of the reasons I dropped down to lower my nicotine intake. So I still vape at same frequency but less nicotine.

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks. Which device do you use?

Problem is I was chain vapping even with high nicotine nic salts and that was one of the reasons I dropped down to lower my nicotine intake. So I still vape at same frequency but less nicotine.
    Salts and freebase are totally different. Try raising your freebase nic to 18 and try it. Or maybe 24.

• Agree
    Reactions: DavidOck

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Old school :)

Kayfun 2L, Coppervape Skyline are my go to tanks.

Um, from what you said at first, seems like you're vaping a lot more, just lower nic. So the nic might actually be the same per day.

Since I started freebase, I'm going crazy re-filling the pod at least 8-10 times a day. A 2ml pod with freebase doesnt last me even an hour.

• Useful
    Reactions: Shamiester

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It''s possible that the mesh coils are vaporizing more eliquid because they have more surface area than the other coils that were presumably made of wire.

I'm also going to assume that the mesh coils is lower resistance than the coils in your previous setups and since your voltage output is a constant in devices like this (meaning, you can't adjust it) then your wattage output would be higher using the new system at 0.8 ohms than when you were using higher resistance coils on the other units.

Caliburn G also has UN2-Meshed H 1.0ohm: 10 - 15W and 1.2ohm.

I would give these higher resistance coils a try to see if that helps you vaporize less eliquid. Because the resistance is higher and the output voltage a constant, you will be vaping at a lower wattage, so less eliquid consumption over the 0.8 ohm coil would be realized. Of course, the vape will be a little weaker and cooler, so you have to take these things into consideration. A weaker/cooler vape may not be satisfying to you anymore if you got used to vaping at a higher wattage with a bit more heat.

Shamiester

Aug 20, 2019
    Thank you everyone for the input.

My preference is not to increase the nic level or go back to nic salts. Another reason for that is, I started having palpitations and increased blood pressure due to excessive chain vapping nic salts with high nic levels. I'm okay now since I started freebase with lower nic levels.

I might try a different liquid with different pg/vg or might try a different coil and see if that helps.

Reactions: DavidOck
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread