hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again and welcome back for another product review. I was fortunate enough to receive the Freemax Maxus 100 watt kit that includes the new Fireluke 3 tank. Freemax is well known for their excellent coils that provide fantastic flavor and vapor production. I have a feeling that it will also be the case this time also but you’re going to have to stick around until the end to find out. Well, at least until I talk about it anyway. Let’s take a look at what’s included.

What’s in the box?

1*Freemax Maxus 100W VW Mod
    1*Freemax Fireluke 3 tank Resin Edition (Freemax 904L X2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm pre-installed)
    1*Extra Freemax 904L X1 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm
    1*Extra Glass Tube 5ml (Individual packaging of extra glass for TPD edition)
    1*Extra O-ring
    1*Type-C USB Cable
    1*Warning Card
    1*Warranty Card
    1*User Manual

Specifications:

Tank Capacity: 5ml/3ml/2ml (TPD)
    Battery: 21700/20700/18650
    Charger Specification: 5V/2A
    Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
    Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    Output Voltage: 0.7-7.5V
    Output Wattage: 5-100W/100–315℃/200–600℉
    Output Mode: Power/VPC/Bypass/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR

upload_2020-7-3_15-45-34.jpg

upload_2020-7-3_15-45-34.jpg

First Impressions:

Knowing what I did already about Freemax coils and having already reviewed some of their products, I fully expected really great flavor production from their new Fireluke 3 tank and the Maxus mod. I was not disappointed. As you can see above, the kit came with a .2 ohm ss904 coil and a .15 ohm ss904 coil. The .2 came pre-installed so I used it first. I started low on the wattage with this one and worked my way up to 38 watts where I kept it for about a week. I don’t like a real warm vape and was very happy at this setting with the airflow about 1/3 open. This coil can run well at higher settings if you prefer a warmer vapor. After a little over a week I switched to the .15 coil and once again got very good flavor and vapor production. When I installed the tank for the first time with this coil, the mod automatically went to 45 watts. It’s part of the smart coil sensing in their firmware. I ended up liking the .15 coil at 48 watts with the airflow about half open. This one also can be run at higher settings depending on your preference of vapor temperature.

I didn’t notice at first but the glass tank has a very interesting shape. It has what I would call a honeycomb shape to it. About the only thing I didn’t like about this tank was that I feel like the top should have slid open a little further or the fill port could have been a little bigger. I was still able to fill the tank without making a mess but a glass dropper from a 60ml bottle was a little tight. There is a red mark below the Freemax name on the side of the tank as an indicator as to where to push to expose the fill port. To me the tank has tremendous airflow and I never ran it more than half open.

The Maxus 100 mod is actually fairly small for a mod that can fit 18650,20700, or 21700 batteries. The operation of the mod is very simple which I really like. Three presses of the fire button will take you to the menu. There you have mode, set, and info. Obviously the mode setting is for choosing from power, vpc, bypass, TC Ti/SS/Ni, and TCR 1/2/3. The SET listing will allow you to change timeout, coil, coil test, puff count, time, degrees in Celsius or Fahrenheit, reset, and exit. The coil test is what I mentioned briefly earlier where the mod goes to the minimum recommended setting for that particular coil. Some might complain about it changing their setting when they take the tank off and put it back on but I like the idea of changing coils and not having to worry about burning it out because you forgot to change your setting. Well, on this mod you can turn it off but the default setting is on.

I only used a 21700 battery in the Maxus 100. I had about 250 puffs on the counter with the .2 coil set at 38 watts and still had plenty of battery life left. I then switched to the .15 coil for no other reason than to test the second coil. The .2 coil itself was a little dark but the cotton was still very white and flavor was still very good. I then continued on the same battery and got up to 48 watts with the .15. I ended up finally charging the battery with the puff counter at 485. It wasn’t completely dead but saw that the battery indicator flashed to let me know that it was low. I felt like I got very good battery life for the settings that I was using.

The battery door on the Maxus is held on by magnets. The sample that I got had a little bit of movement in the door but I was informed that Freemax was aware that some of the samples sent out had this issue and that they had changed the mold to correct it for all production models. I found the mod very comfortable to hold and use. The color scheme isn’t really my thing. I’m pretty boring when it comes to that. Almost all of my mods are black or silver. I however do realize that the colors will appeal to many. I had seen a video review online where the reviewer said they couldn’t fit a 21700 battery in the one they got. It is snug but I have had no problem getting the battery in or out since there is one of those fabric strips to assist getting the battery out.

When I saw that the new coils were ss904, it peaked my interest since I work in the welding industry. I did a little reading and saw that ss904 has a TCR of 85. I went into the menu and changed the mode to TCR1 and once on the main screen, pushed the fire and up button to set my max wattage to 50. I started at 200F and worked my way up. I could tell the difference as I turned it up and ended up very happy at 350F. I felt that I actually got a little better vape in TC at that setting than running in wattage mode. Maybe it was just in my head. I have been using it in TCR mode for the past couple days and like it. I’ll now insert some pictures that I wanted to share and then give my final thoughts.

upload_2020-7-3_15-45-34.png
    upload_2020-7-3_15-45-35.jpg

Final Thoughts:

I very much enjoyed testing the Freemax Maxus 100 watt kit. The mod itself is comfortable to hold and use and not too big for a unit that can use a 21700 battery. The menu system is easy to access and is very user friendly. It allows you to choose to use or not use the coil check feature as well as reset the puff counter and a few other things. I almost forgot to mention how the mod does not care which way you install the battery. It’s called SmartLoad technology and is a very nice feature in my opinion. You can change the battery on the fly without trying to see the markings to install the battery correctly. Whichever way you install it is the correct way. The only thing I don’t really care for is the colors on the battery door. That is only a personal preference and not really a con.

The Fireluke 3 tank is a very solid performer. I like the 5ml capacity. The shape of the glass tank is a honeycomb shape which I like instead of just another smooth bubble glass. I do feel like either the top port could have been a little bigger or the sliding top open a little further. I felt like the flavor and vapor production of the tank was phenomenal! I’m not normally a higher wattage vaper but really enjoyed the included coils at 35-50 watts. If I had to rate the flavor production on these coils then I would give them a solid 9 out of 10. Just because I feel like there is always room for improvement. Not much but a little. I also liked that the coils are made of ss904 and do in my opinion work well in TCR mode set at 85.

I hope that I’ve covered this kit well enough. Thank you for sticking it out until the end of the review and thanks to Freemax for sending the kit for review. If you’d like to take another look at this kit then you can see it on their website below.

https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxus-100w-kit/

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I look forward to your reviews, I already have the fireluke mesh and the fireluke 2. I also have the mesh pro and the mesh pro m, I'll wait for the fireluke 4. I don't see a lot of difference between the 2 and 3.

I don’t think I have the 2 so am not able to compare them. It sounds like you’ve found a brand of tanks that you really like.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the review Hitt (f I might call you that way :)). You touched very interesting points and is a plus that you like a cooler vape like I do. That encourages me to try those coils at those wattage.

Indeed the filling port looks a bit tight, as per picture, due to the top not sliding further. Something they should eventually improve on.

Reactions: stols001

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    It wasn’t a huge deal but a few more mm would be good. The ones we receive for review are samples so production models might be a little different.

I have a tank has the same "issue", like you said not a deal breaker, I use it all the time but it will be nice either bigger or slide back a bit more just for all sizes bottles to fit. Maybe it will be somehow corrected but again not a deal breaker.

I do hope they offer the plain bubble glass. Not sure if the ones for previous model will fit this one :blink:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have a tank has the same "issue", like you said not a deal breaker, I use it all the time but it will be nice either bigger or slide back a bit more just for all sizes bottles to fit. Maybe it will be somehow corrected but again not a deal breaker.

I do hope they offer the plain bubble glass. Not sure if the ones for previous model will fit this one :blink:

I asked and they said yes that the glass will fit.

• Love
    Reactions: Aliraonz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread