hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Today I’m pleased to have the opportunity to present my review on the Freemax Maxus Solo 100W kit that was sent to me by Freemax in order to provide a fair and honest review. The Maxus Solo mod can use 18650/20700/21700 batteries to provide an output range of 5-100 watts while providing .7 - 7.5V. The onboard charging is 5v/2A using a USB-C charging cable. It features the FMOS 3.0 and FM Chip 3.0. It has a 1.06” OLED display screen and has Novel mood lighting with different options that I will talk more about later. The tank included in the kit is the Fireluke Solo with an 810 drip tip and a child safe fill cap. It adopts the FM COILTECH 5.0 which is a new mesh technology. It has a capacity of 5ml. Well, before I give too much information, let’s see the package contents and take a look at the features via the promotional images then I’ll give my opinions on it.

WwmAseG.jpg

2XwzGJo.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

Each set contain:
    1pc Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Mod
    1pc Freemax Fireluke Solo Tank (Pre-installed FL1-D Mesh Coil 0.15ohm)
    1pc FL2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm
    1pc Glass Tube 5ml
    1pc USB Type-C Charger
    1pc 18650 Battery Adapter
    1pc Extra Silicone Ring
    1pc Warning Card
    1pc Warranty Card
    1pc User Manual
    1pc Desiccant

uovrw0o.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Fireluke Solo Tank (FL Platform Compatible):
    Size: 28*50.35mm
    Capacity: 5ml (TPD 2ml)
    Thread: 510
    Drip Tip: 810

Maxus Solo 100W Mod:
    Output Voltage: 0.7-7.5V
    Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    Output Wattage: 5-100W
    Output Mode: Power (Normal, Sport, ECO)/VPC/Bypass/TC-NI/TC-TI/TC-SS316/TCR
    Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm

Battery: External Single 18650/20700/21700
    Charger Specification: 5V/2A
    Size: 28.8*42.8*90mm

Brand: Freemax
    Unit: 1 Set
    Package: Gift Box

4vble0g.jpg

Yq3pLKj.jpg

RNsroSu.jpg

jPsHWiQ.jpg

r8Lgrh1.jpg

U9noAXZ.jpg

uaJuTpb.jpg

r6gCQSr.jpg

fHTjUob.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Solo is nice and colorful to grab your attention with the different colored lines simulating laser lights on the front. There is a sketch of the device, a sticker indicating the color of the device inside, of course the name of the product and a list of some features on the right side of the face. The back of the outer sleeve has a list of contents, specifications on the mod and tank, an authenticity code, and a nice little color picture of the device.

Once the outer sleeve and box top are removed, the face of the mod, the Fireluke Solo tank, and spare glass are exposed with a package of o rings inside the glass. Underneath is a box containing the 18650 battery adapter, USB-C charging cable, warranty card, user manual, and spare coil. I think it’s really nice how the front is clear and the electronics can be seen through the face of the mod.

upload_2022-4-30_20-10-56.png

upload_2022-4-30_20-11-17.png

upload_2022-4-30_20-11-41.png

The top of the mod has four torx screws that hold the top in place. This is a little different from what I’ve become used to seeing where there is a metal 510 plate that is held in with screws. Instead on this one the 510 connection must be secured inside the mod. That’s my guess at least. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. The 510 center pin is spring loaded and gold plated. Perhaps the ring around the 510 opening is threaded and threads onto the lower portion of the 510 connector. I’m probably not going to try to take it apart to see.

upload_2022-4-30_20-12-32.png

The battery is inserted through the bottom by pushing the door open sideways in the direction of the arrow molded into the base. The inside of the battery opening has a large red + sign and you can’t really see it in my picture but there is a – sign on the bottom side of the door which is visible after opening it.

upload_2022-4-30_20-13-18.png

upload_2022-4-30_20-13-41.png

On the right side of the mod is the lock/unlock slide switch which allows the user to quickly lock the device before putting it in a pocket. There are four diagonal grooves molded into the side of the mod that I think have no other purpose besides aesthetics.

The left side has the Freemax name on it along with the same four grooves as the right side had. From either picture you can see the dark cover over the back. This is where the magic happens. If you so choose, you can have LEDs that will illuminate a really cool pattern on the back of the mod as well as light up the front where the electronics can be seen. I’ll get into the options of the LED lights when I talk about the menu system. The back does have the words Maxus Solo on the back of the mod.

upload_2022-4-30_20-14-28.png

upload_2022-4-30_20-14-50.png

upload_2022-4-30_20-15-22.png

The front of the Solo has a fairly large fire button near the top. I personally have experienced some awkwardness pressing the fire button. I don’t know if it has to do with the fact that I don’t have large hands and the mod is a little bit deeper than I’m used to or what. I would like it better if the fire button stood out further away from the body of the mod. I did finally figure out the when thumb firing that if I used the side of my thumb that it was easier to fire for me.

Below the fire button is the large display screen. In my picture the LED lights are turned on but you can turn them off if you like. I just thought it would make for a good picture. The information on the display is as follows.

- Battery level indicator and coil resistance

- Puff counter

- Set wattage or temperature depending on output mode selected

- Mode of operation

- Normal, Sport, Eco output

- Voltage output while firing

- Settings(once selected it takes you into the menu system)

Below the display screen are the + and – buttons followed by the USB-C charging port which offers a standard charging rate of 5v/2A.

The button operation on the Solo is fairly simple but there are a lot of available settings. You can choose to use them all or not. They are as follows.

- Press the fire button 5X to turn the mod on/off

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the wattage adjustment

- Press the fire button 3X to highlight the mode of operation. From there you can either change the mode by pressing the fire button again and then use the + and – buttons to choose between Power(Normal, Sport, Eco), TC(316SS, Ni, Ti, TCR(TCR1,2,3)

- Press the fire button 3X to highlight the mode of operation but instead of changing the mode as described above, use the + and – buttons to scroll through to select either Normal, Sport, or Eco. Once that is set if you choose, scroll to settings and press the fire button then this will bring you to the main menu which will give you the following options

1. Coil Test

2. Timeout

3. Theme color

4. LED on/off

5. LED control

6. F/C

7. Puff reset

8. Time reset

9. Reset(factory defaults)

10. Exit

upload_2022-4-30_20-16-33.png

There is a lot you can do with this mod if you choose to. It’s nice to have the options. You may or may not use them all. Now let’s take a look at the Fireluke Solo Tank that was included with the kit along with the two coils.

First off, I always clean any tank that I receive before using it. I saw a post today where someone got a new tank and was getting that old familiar machine oil taste. A drop of dish soap and some hot water can make a big difference. Even if you’re mixing your own liquid, who wants to waste a whole tank of liquid because you didn’t clean the tank? Also, it can leave that taste in the coil so you’ve probably wasted a coil also.

The drip tip included with the Fireluke Solo tank is an 810 tip and comfortable to use in my opinion. To fill the tank it’s a little different than what you might be used to. Instead of a screw off top cap, you lift and slide the top cap sideways to expose the fill port. There is a gasket but it doesn’t seal the tank from leaking if you tip it while filling. I honestly am glad. I really don’t care for the completely sealed gaskets over the fill ports.

The tank comes with the bubble glass installed and comes with a spare. The base of the tank has a single gold plated contact in the center to make connection with the coils which are just a push in style. The base also has two large horizontal airflow slots and there is a positive stop.

QqeVXnz.jpg

gFhdL11.jpg

xYLiy8X.jpg

nVCfoCq.jpg

The Solo kit comes with two different coils. One is the FL2 .2ohm mesh coil rated at 50-80 watts and the other is the new FL1-D mesh coil at .15 ohms and rated 50-80 watts. It uses the new CoilTech 5.0 technology and is being called the Double-D Mesh coil. If it’s Double-D then it’s got to be good right? It boasts fast and even heating while maximizing the surface area to provide exceptional flavor. It has a parallel mesh structure and uses an upgrade tea fiber cotton. The coil is made of SS904L so you can use it in temperature control if you so choose.

I didn’t try the .15 coil in temperature control but it did perform very well using it with a DIY mix that I use quite often for reviews. I ended up running it at 70 watts although 80 watts is the supposed best setting. I have come to expect exceptional flavor production from Freemax coils after previous experience testing them on different kits. I was not disappointed. The flavor production was very good while the amount of vapor was large.

The .2 ohm coil was very good also and felt like I got just as good of flavor production from this one as I did with the .15 ohm DD coil. I did however run this one at 60 watts instead of 70 like the other coil. Freemax really has this flavor production thing down. I can’t remember ever trying any of their coils that didn’t provide exceptional flavor. At least not since I started doing reviews for them. I really don’t know that I tried any prior to that.

i2bsYSL.jpg

GPZ4gQY.jpg

D1KMqW6.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

It has been a real pleasure testing the the Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit. The kit is packed with features. Among them are the new Coiltech 5.0 Double –D Mesh technology that provides very good flavor production. It might not be a feature that everyon will like but the mod does provide Novel Mood lighting where you can choose from 9 default color choices or change the RGB values to make DIY colors. The tank is ISO 8317 Child Resistant Certified where you have to lift and slide the top cap in order to fill the tank. It worked very well and was not difficult to open the top cap. Yet another feature is the 1.06” OLED display screen that offers five different themes as well as random color options available to change the UI color. The display is bright and vibrant and I found it easy to read.

I have to admit that I really don’t have anything negative to say about this kit. The only thing that I experienced that seemed off was at first I found the fire button to be a little awkward but feel that was attributed to having small hands and the mod being a little wide. After some use I found it comfortable to fire with the side of my thumb due to my hand placement while holding the mod. I did not like firing with my index finger at all.

I’d like to thank Freemax for sending the Maxus Solo 100W kit for this review. As usual, it has been a pleasure testing another Freemax product. Also thanks to you the readers that always make to the end of my reviews. Below is a link to the website so you can take a look for yourself.

Maxus Solo 100W Kit | Freemax - Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors! (freemaxvape.com)

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    As per usual an awesome review and worthwhile read.

I will also be getting one in the near future for review purposes (on its way...i think lol) so i can't wait to get my hands on it and give it a try.

P.S: I really did enjoy the Double-D pun,you normally so ''serious'' (not that it's a bad thing) so it was good to see you put some humor in the review :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    As per usual an awesome review and worthwhile read.

I will also be getting one in the near future for review purposes (on its way...i think lol) so i can't wait to get my hands on it and give it a try.

P.S: I really did enjoy the Double-D pun,you normally so ''serious'' (not that it's a bad thing) so it was good to see you put some humor in the review :)

Thanks. You have to admit that they left themselves wide open with the Double D name.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Nice review Hitt.

I do notice a flavor difference between the M Pro/M Pro 2 atomizer and the Fireluke series. The M Pro's to me have always had a really dry vape. The flavor is there, and then it dissipates rather quickly. The Fireluke series seems to have a moist vapor that feels like it lingers. Like you can taste it for a bit after you exhale.

The Fireluke Solo definitely didn't disappoint. Did you notice a moistness difference in the vapor production between the FL1-D and FL2?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt.

I do notice a flavor difference between the M Pro/M Pro 2 atomizer and the Fireluke series. The M Pro's to me have always had a really dry vape. The flavor is there, and then it dissipates rather quickly. The Fireluke series seems to have a moist vapor that feels like it lingers. Like you can taste it for a bit after you exhale.

The Fireluke Solo definitely didn't disappoint. Did you notice a moistness difference in the vapor production between the FL1-D and FL2?

It’s been a long time since I’ve used an m pro tank.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Not really. Maybe I’m not as sensitive to that. I ran dinner lady lemon tart one shot in both.
    I can generally tell from the fluid in my mouth. Like I can taste it, and on my lips. Also, I did notice that I got quite thirsty a few times vaping the FL1-D "Double D" coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread