Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Welcome back for today's review of the Freemax Maxus Solo 100 Kit that features a new tank. I will start out by telling you that the Solo 100 device has lights that illuminate very nicely but they can also be deactivated for those of you that like a straight non lighting device. Along with this new device is a new Sub-tank called the Fireluke Solo. There is a lot to cover so lets begin with some information on this kit shall we.

87ilckvrphp81.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-13.jpg

IN THE BOX

1pc Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Mod
    1pc Freemax Fireluke Solo Tank (Pre-installed FL1-D Mesh Coil 0.15ohm)
    1pc FL2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm
    1pc Glass Tube 5ml
    1pc USB Type-C Charger
    1pc 18650 Battery Adapter
    1pc Extra Silicone Ring
    1pc Warning Card
    1pc Warranty Card
    1pc User Manual
    1pc Desiccant

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-27.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-26.jpg

COLORFUL LIGHTING OF COLORS OR NO LIGHTING ( YOUR CHOICE )

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-17.jpg

1.06" LED SCREEN WITH 5 THEME COLOR CHOICES

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-20.jpg

3 BATTERY OPTIONS - ( 21700 ) - ( 20700 ) - ( 18650 )

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-22.jpg

SLIDE SWITCH - ( LOCK/UNLOCK THE ENTIRE DEVICE )

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-23.jpg

MULTIPLE POWER OUTPUT MODES AND 3 PRE- HEAT MODES

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-21.jpg

FMOS CHIPSET

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-24.jpg

9 SAFETY PROTECTIONS

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-25.jpg

FIRELUKE SOLO SUB-TANK - CHILD RESISTANT OPENING

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-18.jpg

DOUBLE D MESH COILS

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-14.jpg

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-15.jpg

FL COIL PLATFORM

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-16.jpg

EASY BREAKDOWN FOR CLEANING

Maxus-Solo-100W-Kit-19.jpg

FEATURES

• Variable Wattage Range: 5.0w to 100.0w
    • Battery: 1*18650 or 20700 or 21700 High-drain battery (Not Included)
    • Supports Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel in Temperature Control
    • Temperature Adjustment Range: 200°F-600°F/ 100°C-315°C
    • Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
    • 1.06” OLED Color Display
    • FMOS 3.0 Operating System
    • 9 RBG Color Settings
    • 3 Lighting Effects: Static, Breathing, Flashing
    • ECO Mode
    • Sport Mode
    • Locking Switch
    • Reverse Battery Protection
    • Overheating Protection
    • Open Circuit Protection
    • Overload Protection
    • Low Battery Protection
    • Over Charge Protection
    • Short Circuit Protection
    • Overtime Protection
    • Over Discharge Protection
    • Type-C 2A Charging

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Presentation of the kit is nicely done with the contents inside a box that slides out of a outer sleeve with the mod, tank and spare bubble glass tube in a pre-cut insert with the 2nd coil, charge cord, user manual, safety card, warranty card, spares bag of O-rings and 18650 battery adaptor inside a Black box underneath.

The first to grab my attention was the Maxus Solo 100 device because of it's transparent front face showing the printed circuit board and chip that power the device, I like a transparent look on a device when it's done in a fashion that is attractive not just a see through window and I think Freemax did a great job with the transparent face. Next to the Mod the Fireluke Solo Sub-Tank looks like a standard tank with the Freemax appearance.

I really want thank Freemax for including a box of Dual Core FL 0.2Ω Mesh Coils with the Maxus Solo 100 Kit for review.

20220508_100505.jpg

Starting at the top of the mod it's 510 pin is spring loaded and stiff with plenty of travel to it fitting various atomizers I tried, you can fit up to a 26mm atomizer without overhang. Because the top portion has a beveled look anything larger than 26mm looks off not coming to the edges. There are 4 curved rectangles that are slightly recessed for aesthetics.

20220508_112446.jpg

The Fireluke Solo fits the device great and has a good appearance proportionality, coils are your standard push and pull with no flat spots to line up just be sure the O-ring on the coil is seated fully into the chimney.

The Fireluke top cap is a child proof one that lifts up and is pushed open by sliding it at the arrow under the Freemax name to reveal the fill port, I wish the opening was a bit larger to accommodate 100ml bottle tips that don't insert fully. ( FILL THE TANK SLOWLY )

20220508_154127.jpg

The spine of the device shows the MAXUS SOLO name in caps imprinted on a very hard plastic, the veins can barely be seen when they are not illuminated but when the spine has the back light turned on one word describes it WOW!!! ( Lights can be turned off )

20220508_101759.jpg

Each side of the device has serrations deeply engraved into the top portion that serve no function other than being aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The Freemax name in imprinted on the bottom portion of one side of the device and is done in a fashion that's not overpowering or bold.

20220508_152742.jpg

The same look is on the flipside but at the bottom is a lock switch that is becoming seen on more devices, instead of turning the mod off with the traditional 5 presses of the fire button which you can still do on the Maxus Solo 100, this switch shuts the entire device down for a faster shut down or for safe travel in a pocket or handbag, just push the switch down to lock and up to unlock. In the long time of testing the switch never came off it's locked position when I carried the device in a coat or pants pocket.

20220508_152651.jpg

The single battery loads into the device via a trapdoor type cover that is seen on many devices, to open slide the battery door outwards and lift up, the negative minus symbol - polarity marking for the battery is in 2 spots ( top and side ) but is difficult to see.

20220508_110933.jpg

Inside the battery tube the positive + symbol is clearly marked in Red. The battery door feels solid and has never opened on me unintentionally during testing.

20220508_110510 (2).jpg

We now come to the front face of the Maxus Solo 100 that shows the printed circuit board and chip illuminated with lights or not if you choose, I myself like the effect of lights if it's done correctly and I think Freemax hit a GRAND SLAM HOMERUN with the lighting effects on the Maxus Solo 100.

Behind the fire button sits a large LED light that illuminates the whole board with arteries that travel from the chip being illuminated as well using different LED lights. The display screen seems to be just floating but is supported top and bottom, even the display screens ribbon connection can be seen at the bottom . USB - C port is at the bottom.

All three buttons have a textured design to them and are on the tighter side when pressing which I like much more than hair trigger operating buttons Information is clearly displayed on the screen which I'll list for you below, left to right and top to bottom.

SCREEN LEGEND

* Battery Bar

* Ohm load

* Puff Counter

* Wattage, Temperature, VPC, Bypass ( Volts )

* Power Preset - ( Normal ) - ( Sport - High ) - ( Eco - Low )

* Volts

* Settings

20220508_161406.jpg

Both sides and the spine have veins that the Lights show through for a beautiful lighting effect, there are 9 different colors to choose from with 5 theme colors set for the display screen or use a random selection if you wish. When vaping a small pinwheel is displayed on the screen, the longer you vape the more full the pinwheel becomes completing it's circle. You get a choice of the lights being off, flashing, breathing or a steady on.

20220508_161708.jpg

The menu system for the Maxus Solo 100 is a very simple and easy one to operate as well as navigate which I'll list below.

* On/Off - Slide Lock Or 5 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Changing Power Modes - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button To Highlight The Power Mode, Once The Power Mode Is Highlighted And Flashing Press Either Adjustment Button To Move Through The Different Power Mode Choices, When You See The Mode You Want Press The Fire Button Again To Change To That Power Mode.

* Lock/Unlock Adjustment Buttons

* Pre Heat Setting - To Get To The Pre Heat Settings Press The Fire Button 3 Times Quickly, When The Power Mode Begins To Flash Use The Adjustment Buttons To Toggle Down To The Pre Heat Selection On The Display, Press The Fire Button Again Which Will Turn The Pre Set Solid The Use The Adjustment Buttons To Move To The Pre Set You Want Then Press The Fire Button To Select It.

* Settings - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button To Highlight, When Flashing Use The Adjustment Buttons To Toggle Down To Settings Then Press The Fire Button, Once In Settings Use The Adjustment Buttons To Navigate Down.

* Settings ( Shortcut ) - Press The Fire And Down Adjustment Button Simultaneously.

PROS FOR THE DEVICE AND TANK

* Attractive Device And Tank

* Great Flavor Producing Coils

* Child Proof Top Fill Cap

* Smooth Airflow

* Can Use The Lighting Effect Or Choose Not To

* Brilliant Lighting Effect

* Transparent Face

* Lock Switch

* Multiple Power Modes

* Multiple Color Display Screen Choices

* Strong And Secure Battery Door

* Option To Use 3 Different Size Batteries

* Type-C

CONS FOR THE DEVICE AND TANK

* Maxus Solo 100 - Zero Cons

* Fireluke Solo Tank - Fill Port Needs To Be Larger

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

First things first, lights or no lights the Maxus Solo 100 Mod is a quality device that feel like quality throughout from top to bottom. The weight of the device is no lightweight but not a heavyweight either it falls into that mid weight range. Having a wide range of power modes should please anyone, I only use wattage so I can't tell you how well TC performs but I did try the VPC and it performed as expected. I'm not a user of Bypass either but on a fully charged battery it performed fine, of course as the power was depleted a grate deal so did the performance.

As far as the lights go I love them ON in a steady lit mode that only last for 30 seconds then fade away, I don't think a lot of battery power is drained using the lights.

The new Fireluke tank performs great with a smooth airflow, wide open it's a air machine especially using the single core FL1 0.15Ω Mesh Coil but closed down to halfway and a nice RDL vape appears.

The Dual Core FL2 0.2Ω Mesh Coil is a bit more restricted fully open, normally I prefer a Dual Core Coil but I like both of these equally. Freemax is known for producing some of the best coils in the industry and these 2 are no exception.

I absolutely love this entire kit and think you will as well because it's a WINNER.

I would like to thank Tina and Freemax for providing the Maxus Solo 100 Kit for the purpose of this review and I hope that I answered all your questions on the Maxus Solo 100 Kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Reactions: Freemax_Jerry

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good review buddy :thumb:
    I'm all jelly since I'm still waiting to get mine for review purposes :(

The mod/tank looks sleek and elegant,love the black and blue combo.
    Coil wise how do these new Double-D coils fare up in comparison to the MX coils from the Maxus Max?
    Thank you Jav I'm glad you liked it, I am looking forward to reading your findings on this great Kit. The Double D coils are just as good as the MX coils and might be just a bit better with great coil life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread