hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. Today I’ll be taking a look at the Freemax Onnix 2 pod system that was sent to me by Freemax for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. I never had the opportunity to try the original Onnix so can’t really compare them very much. I do know that the original Onnix had a 20w output while the Onnix 2 has a 15w output. I believe that the original was targeted at RDL while the 2 is targeted at MTL. I guess it depends on what kind of airflow you like on MTL. Before I get too far into it, let’s see what’s included and take a look at some pictures provided by Freemax.

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-for-high-strength.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Color.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Freemax Onnix 2 Battery
    1* Freemax Onnix 2 Pod 2ml (OX DVC Coil 0.8ohm pre-installed)
    1* OX DVC Coil 1.0ohm
    1* Type-C USB Charger
    1* Warning Card
    1* Warranty Card
    1* User Manual

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Package.jpg

Normally I would include a picture of the kit I received here but I in fact did receive the same one in the picture above so didn’t really see a need.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size

15.3*24.4*109mm

Pod Capacity

2ml

Coil Compatible

OX DVC 0.8ohm & 1.0ohm & 1.2ohm Coil

Battery Capacity

900mAh

Output Voltage

3.6V-4.2V

Output Wattage

7W-15W

Material

Aluminum Alloy + PET + PCTG

Color

Black, Grey, Green, Red, Blue, Pink

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Specification.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 15W compact pod system with 2ml pod

2. Automatic resistance recognition for great MTL vaping

3. 900mAh internal battery capacity

4. 1.5A type-c fast charging

5. Comes with OX DVC Coil 0.8ohm & 1.0ohm

6. Equipped with FM SaltCoilTech 3.0

7. Button activated and draw activated modes

8. Anti-fingerprint and scratch-proof exterior material

9. 100% flavor categories compatible

10. Stylish panel options

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Components.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Compared.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-2ml-capacity.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-900m-Ah.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Features.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-flavor.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-FM-SALTCOILTECH.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Light-indicator.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Pod.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-Stylish-Panel-Option.jpg

Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-two-modes.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

When I opened the package of the Onnix 2, I was rather excited to have received the blue version. After all, blue is my favorite color. The grid of lines on it remind me of a printed circuit board or something like that.

On the face of the unit is the FreeMax name in white and a single fire button. On each side it is just a solid color with a single airflow hole on each side. On the back is simply the name ONNIX 2 in white. The USB-C charging port is on the bottom and of course the magnetic pod with replaceable coil is inserted in the top. The two magnets that hold the pod in place are fairly strong and once close enough will pull the pod in the rest of the way by themselves.

upload_2021-7-20_19-7-30.png

upload_2021-7-20_19-7-51.png

upload_2021-7-20_19-8-9.png

upload_2021-7-20_19-8-29.png

upload_2021-7-20_19-8-50.png

The Onnix 2 comes with a single pod but two coils. The .8 ohm coil is pre-installed but has a sticker over the bottom so you don’t accidentally fire it before filling the pod. The other coil that comes included is a 1.0 ohm coil. There are also two other coils available but not included in the kit. There is a .5 ohm mesh coil and a 1.2 ohm coil. From what I understand, the .5 coil is not compatible with the Onnix 2 but will work with the original. The Onnix uses what Freemax is calling the OX series coils. From what I understand, the OX coils can be used on the original Onnix as well as the Onnix 2.
    Freemax-Onnix-2-Kit-OX-Coil-series.jpg

The pod itself is almost clear which I very much appreciate. I’ve been using the Onnix 2 at work with a clear liquid. I can even see the blue o rings clearly through the pod. The pod holds 2ml of liquid which seems pretty standard compared to other pod devices of this size that I have tried. The plug that covers the fill hole has Freemax stamped in it and can be rotated out of the way for filling but is easy enough to hold while filling. One nice thing about this one is that the plug is not just a rectangular piece but has a lip that comes down toward the bottom of the pod that makes it easier to get ahold of. I appreciate that. Some pods I’ve tried, I’ve had to grab a small screwdriver to pop up the fill plug because I simply can’t grab them to remove.

upload_2021-7-20_19-10-47.png

upload_2021-7-20_19-11-3.png

upload_2021-7-20_19-11-19.png

upload_2021-7-20_19-11-49.png

The Onnix 2 comes with a film covering over it that peels right off for use. I suppose it’s to protect the finish in shipping. The battery portion of the Onnix 2 can be used in auto draw or press to fire. Five clicks of the fire button turns the device on. Three clicks of the fire button will disable the fire button and work in auto draw only. That’s pretty much it since there isn’t a screen with menu or anything. It does have a blue light on the bottom and three light indicators towards the bottom of the side with the button that indicate battery level. The blue light is illuminated when firing and afterwards the battery indicator(s) light depending on the level of the battery. One light indicates 0-35% battery, two lights indicates 36-70% battery, and three lights indicate 71-100% battery.

upload_2021-7-20_19-12-43.png

lights-1.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have enjoyed testing the Onnix 2 and plan on putting it in rotation with my other work pod the XROS. I need a pocket friendly device that will sit in my front shirt pocket without being noticed but yet provide a strong enough vapor to satisfy me. I of course will need to get some spare coils and maybe a pod or two for back up. So far I have been using it with a clear mint liquid at work for about a week and have noticed no reduction in performance.

Freemax says that it auto senses the coil resistance. I’m not sure exactly how that works but would say that it does. The Onnix 2 has a 900mah battery which is plenty for a device like this. It fully charges in about 60 minutes. The 7-15 watt output gives a nice strong vape in my opinion. It can vary depending on the coil used and the remaining battery level. I know they say that it is targeted at MTL vaping but with the .8 coil it is a pretty loose MTL. Those that like a tighter draw may not like it. The Onnix 2 does not have airflow control and perhaps that would have made it appeal to more people. I was a little concerned about how well the auto draw would work with such a loose airflow but it has been working well for me. I have run into one or two before where the auto draw doesn’t work well until you tighten the airflow control but this one doesn’t have it and doesn’t need it. However, if you put a finger over one of the airflow holes on the side it will considerably tighten the draw. I personally prefer a loose MTL. The 1.0 ohm coil has a little more restricted airflow and doesn’t seem as warm. I really prefer the 1.0 ohm coil over the .8 coil so will probably go ahead and get some spare 1.0 coils for back up.

In my opinion, the Freemax Onnix 2 is one of the better small pod devices that I have had the pleasure of testing. It’s a nice size for carrying in a shirt pocket which I plan on doing.

I’d like to thank Freemax and Jerry for sending the Onnix 2 for this review. Also a big thanks to those that take the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the Freemax website if you’d like to take a look.

Onnix 2 15W Kit | Freemax - Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors! (freemaxvape.com)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, it seems like here lately it's pods, pods, pods. I don't consider this a bad thing, always on the look out for devices that can help mtl and beginner vaporers.

You are right. It's been a lot of small pods and pod mods coming up for review. I have three or four more pod mods right now that I need to review. I do have one mod that I think you might like coming up.

Reactions: FranC

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks, Hitt! I like that they went for a side fill, and the 3 battery indicator lights instead of using colors to show battery level. I’m intrigued by the anti-fingerprint claim… true or false? This looks like it could be the pod I’ve been wanting

My hands get dirty at work and that's where I have been using it. I just pulled it out of my pocket and no fingerprints. I don't know if it matters but I got the blue one.

• Winner
    Reactions: NolaMel

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My hands get dirty at work and that's where I have been using it. I just pulled it out of my pocket and no fingerprints. I don't know if it matters but I got the blue one.
    Blue would be my pick too. I don’t know why it bothers me so much. It keeps me from using a different pod (you can guess which one ;)) more often because it’s a huge fingerprint magnet.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Blue would be my pick too. I don’t know why it bothers me so much. It keeps me from using a different pod (you can guess which one ;)) more often because it’s a huge fingerprint magnet.

I know exactly which one you're talking about. They should make a case for it.

• Agree
    Reactions: NolaMel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hitt, do you have any idea when this one is coming out? I got all excited, only to find the dreaded “Preorder” :( everywhere I looked

I just heard back from the rep and he said it’s going to be a month before they are available.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread