Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

A new AIO kit, the twister 30W from Freemax. This is the kit I will be reviewing today.

In the past I did a review on its bigger brother the twister 80W kit which I really liked. Knowing Freemax products I expect outstanding flavor from this new twister 30W kit.

Thank you @Freemax_Jerry for sending me this kit for the purpose of this review.

Specifications:

In the Box (TPD):

Freemax Twister 30W VW Mod*1pc
Freemax Fireluke 22 Tank*1pc (Freemax MTL Mesh Coil 1.5ohm & 510 DTL Drip tip Pre-installed)
Extra Freemax DTL Mesh Coil 0.5ohm*1pc
Extra 510 MTL Drip tip*1pc
Extra Glass Tube 2ml*1pc
Extra O-Rings*1pc
USB Cable*1pc
Warning Card*1pc
Warranty Card*1pc
User Manual*1pc

Review:

It is a nice feeling and looking ‘pen’ device. The body feels solid and the paint job is well done. The tank fits the device very well color wise and size wise. Overall it has quite some weight to it with weighing 130grams. It is taller than similar devices, but its also much thinner. For a size comparison I put it next to the Maxpod, Innokin Coolfire z50 and Aegist Boost plus.

One button and one bottom twister are the controls over this device. The button is very clicky (something Freemax devices seem to have) but sits very flush and does not rattle. The unique bottom twist mechanism to change wattage is working very well and its click-stopper at every 2.5w is very useful. Device wise not much to complain so far. The LED light on the button is bright and the battery indication colors are very useful.

Good thing about this kit is that the device can basically be used with any 22m tank without overhang. I love using the device with some 22mm MTL tanks I have. Of course, you won’t get exact wattage levels as on a mod, but I just really like the shape of a pen-style device.

Its 1400mAh keeps up very well, with the MTL coil at 12.5 watts I easily get more than 1,5 day out of one charge. With the DTL coil at 30W it holds up almost a full day. Charging time is proper, a full charge takes about 75-80 minutes. The battery indication seems to be not very accurate; it seems to hang on the red light for longer than green and blue.

Now to the flavor part, the Fireluke 22mm tank. Unfortunately, I received the TPD version so my tank only holds 2ml. Tank overall feels proper, just the threading on the base of the tank feels a bit ‘risky’ when turning, it feels a bit as if there is sand in between the threading.

Replacing a coil is easy by unscrewing the base and pushing the coil right into the tank from the bottom. A very nice feature is that the wicking ports are spring loaded, so whenever you take the coil out the juice flow is cut off, this allows for coil changing with a full tank.

Top-fill system is an interesting one with its child-proof system. First, I need to lift the top cap and then I can slide the tank open. The red dot indicator makes it easy to define where to open. Once opened a large enough fill port reveals, but the top-cap can be a bit in the way for larger bottles to properly get in there. There is a large air vent on the other side of the fill plug making filling much easier. One thing that is a bit annoying is that the top-cap twists, bit I guess that’s just me finding it annoying.

I am in love with the drip-tips that come with this kit. One, because they are super comfortable, and two, they just look amazing with its resin design. I can easily say that these drip-tips are my favorite 510 drip-tips I have owned so far. Drip-tips can be such a small and cheap detail, but then can totally change the vaping experience.

There are enough airflow options, and they also really focused on getting some nice MTL airflows on here. Either you can go wide open with its sleeve or use the single airflow hole to just unveil one hole. For MTL with just one hole uncovered to me it is a bit too loose, but the good news is that you can also just uncover half or even ¼ allowing for a nice and tight draw. With the airflow sleeve wide open you can get a nice restricted lung hit. The airflow sounds very smooth and the ring turns smoothly and has a stopper.

The two coils do what I expected them to do, they deliver great flavor. I did not even know mesh coils are able to have such low resistance as the MTL coil (1.5ohm). The MTL coil has a narrow shaft ending making the draw legit MTL. DTL coil works as a charm and flavor wise it is the best of both. At 30W you can really get amazing dense clouds with lots of flavor, but this coil also works very well from 20W and up. So Freemax did it again, they produced amazing coils that will last and perform just great, good job!

Conclusion:

There is really nothing to complain here apart from the slightly sandy threading, it is simply an amazing AIO kit. I would personally choose this above a pod kit with similar output and coils, simply because you have control over the wattage and airflow and have the possibility to screw on any other tank.

Freemax keeps up its reputation for making amazing coils, I never had a Freemax coil that disappointed so far. The additional features such as childproof fill system, juice flow control and two fantastic drip-tips just add the cherry on the cake.

Would highly recommend this kit for those that are looking for an AIO/pod kit that support both MTL and DTL. It is easy in use and delivers very well.

Thank you,

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread