smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    There was an interesting thread regarding freezing here.

As well, here's a reply from the ELR website from a thread titled Keeping Concentrates Fresh:

I just saw this on Facebook… Should I freeze my flavors? NO! As the owner of a flavoring company. Please do not freeze flavors. I have no clue where this started. Refrigerate sure, but never freeze. You risk the flavor breaking down. Ask your supplier if you are worried but I personally have seen what happens when flavors are in the freezer too long. Cool, dark place. No warmer than 65 Degrees Fahrenheit is the best. Refrigeration is ok but I tell my customers to never go below 35-40 F…

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    There was an interesting thread regarding freezing here.

As well, here's a reply from the ELR website from a thread titled Keeping Concentrates Fresh:

I just saw this on Facebook… Should I freeze my flavors? NO! As the owner of a flavoring company. Please do not freeze flavors. I have no clue where this started. Refrigerate sure, but never freeze. You risk the flavor breaking down. Ask your supplier if you are worried but I personally have seen what happens when flavors are in the freezer too long. Cool, dark place. No warmer than 65 Degrees Fahrenheit is the best. Refrigeration is ok but I tell my customers to never go below 35-40 F…

:censored:

I froze flavors about a month ago. I guess I should take them out of the freezer.

Edited to add: OK. I just took them out. Wasn't much. Just 2 4oz bottles. Hope they are OK. I'll find out in a couple months when I'll need them.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    :censored:

I froze flavors about a month ago. I guess I should take them out of the freezer.

Edited to add: OK. I just took them out. Wasn't much. Just 2 4oz bottles. Hope they are OK. I'll find out in a couple months when I'll need them.
    One of the points given is the possibility any added water actually freezing breaking down the rest of the ingredients and/or causing "freezer burn".

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    One of the points given is the possibility any added water actually freezing breaking down the rest of the ingredients and/or causing "freezer burn".

Well not much I can to about it now. Just glad I saw your post. Will let them sit in the fridge overnight then smell them and compare the smell to my other bottles I have. Lesson learned.

Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well, I just check them.

What I froze was TFA peppermint and FW black licorice.
    Let them sit overnight in the fridge.

The smell of the TFA peppermint that I froze seems to be exactly the same as the working bottle I have never frozen.

The frozen black licorice bottle on the other hand has lost some aroma. However, it's from a different batch than the working bottle I have so it could be it was shipped to me like that. I don't think I'll be freezing flavors anymore.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I don't think I'll be freezing flavors anymore.
    I was watching Wayne on DiyorDie the other night talking about flavor longevity at room temps. He said 6 months to a year is average; though, 2 years is not uncommon. The most that will happen is that the flavor just loses potency, but won't spoil per se.

Vappa

ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    I actually have been taken up my mixing hobby again recently, after 7 years of only mixing my tobacco liquids. My flavour stash contains about 200+ flavours. I started trying them out again as i was afraid that after so many years they would not be good anymore.
    I started out with the flavours i bought back in 2012. To my surprise they still taste very good, maybe a little different from back then (i cannot remember exactly how they tasted). So far, I tried about 20 flavours (tobacco, fruit, drink, candy, nut, bakery) and no flavour has turned bad. Very happy 'cause it was quite an investment...
    The flavours are all stored in boxes, in a dark cabinet at room temperature, where the temperature fluctuate between 20-32 degrees Celcius.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    I freeze my PG,VG, and Nic. Everything else is in the refrigerator. After 5+ yrs, all is still fine.

I do the exact same. I've only found one flavoring that can't be stored in the refrigerator, TFA's Bavarian Cream. It separates and forms solids that won't dissolve/remix.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    honestly, you don't need to....flavorings, pg, and vg do not need to be frozen or refrigerated...just store them somewhere out of direct sunlight
    nic would be the only thing to store in the freezer if you are stocking up on it for later use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread