Freezing Nic and dilluting

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Most certainly a question that's been answered. But I wanted to hear from the pros!

You have 250mL 100mg nic in a 100% PG solution. How would you divide it up for freezer storage? I was thinking about diluting it to 50mg before storing.

I usually buy small bottles of nic that don't need to be stored in the freezer, but wanted to stock up a bit this time. Any suggestions?

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Most people by dark glass containers (i.e. cobalt) and put the juice in them for freezing.

I use small canning jars, for a couple of reasons:

1. Easy to write on the lid what's in there.
2. Doesn't look anything like any of the other containers I use for e-liquids, so I can't confuse it with anything else
3. They're heavy glass which is very difficult to accidentally break.
4. We do not use canning jars for ANYTHING ELSE in the house, so they don't get confused for anything else.

I keep them on the bottom shelf of the freezer, in plastic bags.

Diluting isn't a bad idea; wish I thought of that! (Then again, I had to beg for freezer space as it was).

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I buy 500ml of 100mg/ml Nic at a time. I don't dilute mine (freezer space is limited). I package mine in 60ml Amber Glass Bottles with polycone caps. I keep one out for working stock and store the rest in the freezer. One usually last me 2-3 months of mixing. If you want to dilute yours down to 50ml/mg then you may want to use 120ml bottles for storing.

Cheers,
Steve

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Most certainly a question that's been answered. But I wanted to hear from the pros!

You have 250mL 100mg nic in a 100% PG solution. How would you divide it up for freezer storage? I was thinking about diluting it to 50mg before storing.

I usually buy small bottles of nic that don't need to be stored in the freezer, but wanted to stock up a bit this time. Any suggestions?

I don't dilute it I just freeze it. What I also do is rebottle into smaller bottles for instance if you use 60ml NIC in 3 months then re-bottle into 60ml bottles and freeze. This way your only removing from the freezer what you use in 3 months without opening a bottle of 500ml defrosting, pouring then refreezing. As I use about 250mls in 6 months I package into 250ml bottles and only take out what I'll use in 6 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread