Status
Not open for further replies.

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I was wondering if freezing my Nic would have any adverse affects on the quality of it? Is it good indefinitely once its frozen? Also was wondering if i should get vg based Nic since I like most of my higher vg juices the best and just get some straight pg for cutting it down? Probably should've put this in the DIY section but this is home:)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I keep all my 100mg/vg Nic in the freezer, fill bottle to the top so no air in bottle, Nic seems to like the Cold and dislikes sunlight and oxegen or air of any type. I also keep my juices in the fridge, and they seem to do better long term. The juices I'm using on a daily basis I take say 6m to 15ml's out of the fridge and pour into either a 6ml or 15ml ml bottle these are for daily use. Since doing this all of my Nic and especially my juices seem to be doing better and staying fresher.

I did an experiment 2yrs ago and put some 100mg Nic away in a cool dry place to see what would happen long term, I have made notes of what happen to the juice and took pics of color changes. I also tested the MG just recently of the 2yr old stuff with the new testing kit to see what the current MG was. I've also put a bottle of fresh Nic in the freezer almost 8months ago so I could compare it to the 2yr old Nic juice when it hits the 2yr mark. I still have 16months to go on that one experiment, however after 8 months of it being in the freezer I really haven't seen much color change like I have with the juice that wasn't refrigerated so that's a good sign, however there is still 16 months to go on the experiment. I think freezing and refrigerating is the way to go, I also think for mixed juices they will stay fresher longer refrigerated especially because of the flavorings we add to the mixed juices we vape these should stay fresher longer then not refrigerating I believe, though my findings arent tested long enough yet to be 100% positive. As for non refrigerated mixed juice I dont like using it past the 6-7month time frame, it seems to change for me not for the best and I like freshly steeped juice best. So that's where I'm at, at this point I'm no chemist or scientist by any means just wanted to check these things for myself.

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
I do lots of canning, and other stuff with mason jars ( hey no jokes about my sig ) ;) At the end of the season this year I did some freezer jam with my berries and it hit me that I probably can do my nic in these. The lids have nice ways to label them, they are various sizes and this time of the year they actually go on clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread